[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta7 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
roguetr

Hi there it's been a while

Using this version (I can't speak for previous recent betas), itunes will not sync offline converted video to my ipod 2nd gen stating it is not a supported video format.

Of course I could use handbrake but my main reason for still using Air Video is for the ability to delegate amongst multiple systems using a shared back end. Remotely adding video to playlists is my favourite feature!

I'm currently trying various quality settings and video dimensions/resolutions but so far no joy. The built in itunes converter works but there's no way I'm using that more than once

Is this something I've done or am doing or should I wait for an update? Or should I be using *shudder* stable?

Thanks in advance.
Happy2k11

I'm using Beta 7 on an 32bit Win XP Pro with QuadCore CPU and it works But it would be great to have a version officially supported with 32bit.
Admin

roguetr wrote:Hi there it's been a while

Using this version (I can't speak for previous recent betas), itunes will not sync offline converted video to my ipod 2nd gen stating it is not a supported video format.

Of course I could use handbrake but my main reason for still using Air Video is for the ability to delegate amongst multiple systems using a shared back end. Remotely adding video to playlists is my favourite feature!

I'm currently trying various quality settings and video dimensions/resolutions but so far no joy. The built in itunes converter works but there's no way I'm using that more than once

Is this something I've done or am doing or should I wait for an update? Or should I be using *shudder* stable?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure why this would happen, does the file stream to the iPhone with "Play"?
roguetr

Admin wrote:
I'm not sure why this would happen, does the file stream to the iPhone with "Play"?

Oddly enough it does, I should have mentioned that.

I've just reverted to stable and it's working fine on the defaults. For some reason the beta is producing transcodes that at this point only itunes rejects for a 2nd gen. I've got a 3rd gen and an iphone 4 but I'm out of the state and currently only have the one system to test with.
rmanke

[redacted]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/15/2011 22:11:20

roguetr

More like revoked
Admin

roguetr wrote:
Admin wrote:

Oddly enough it does, I should have mentioned that.

I've just reverted to stable and it's working fine on the defaults. For some reason the beta is producing transcodes that at this point only itunes rejects for a 2nd gen. I've got a 3rd gen and an iphone 4 but I'm out of the state and currently only have the one system to test with.

Could you please test if the videos sync to the other devices when you get back? Thanks.
roguetr

Will be home in 6 days. Add a day for getting in the time to install the latest beta on each of the relevant PCs. Actually, I'd imagine just the 3rd gen would suffice as the iphone 4 is technically more capable?
KindDragon

Beta 7 (for Windows) always convert video for offline in bitrate 5MBit/s, beta 6 was fine
Chriscic

Admin wrote:Sorry, forgot to mentioned that, it is 64bit only for this release. If you need a 32bit version please post a comment, I have no idea how many people are still stuck with 32 bit computers.

With all respect (I love Air Video!), really? There is a huge number of folks out there running 32-bit OS. As for myself, my main PC is 64-bit, but I run Air Video off of my WHSv1 server, which of course is 32-bit only.

Per the Steam survey, >30% of Windows PCs are still 32-bit OS.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
Admin

Hi,

this is not about 32 bit Windows, we'll likely have to support 32 windows for a long time. This is only about Macs with 32bit intel CPUs - the first generation of intel based Macs (Core Due).
Admin

KindDragon wrote:Beta 7 (for Windows) always convert video for offline in bitrate 5MBit/s, beta 6 was fine

What conversion quality do you have set?
reedl

Admin wrote:I can send you a yousendit.com invitation. Please send me an email to support(at)inmethod.com .
Did you get to the file that I sent you? I was just wondering if you see the error in that video file.

Reed
Admin

Hi,

I got the file, it looks Air Video Server has problem decoding certain mpeg2 telecine video streams, hopefully I'll be able to fix this in next server update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/22/2011 16:39:04

reedl

Just as an FYI, Beta 5 has no issues with the video file supplied. So it was something that changed between Beta 5 and Beta 6.

I am currently using Beta 5 without issues.

In fact I was on a Southwest Airlines flight last week from FL to MA, and using the in-flight WiFi, I watched over 2 hours of video from my house. Very cool!

In fact the in-flight WiFi worked better than some hotel WiFi's that I have used!

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: