[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AIRVIDEO ON IPAD? YES OR NO?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
digitlnoize

balto wrote:
digitlnoize wrote:I've been using the iPhone version on the iPad, and I have to say it looks amazing.

The interface is slightly pixelated at 2x, but the videos look GREAT. Really.

My desktop does a pretty good job with video though (I built it as a fairly beast HTPC), so maybe that helps...but it looks wonderful. I've been streaming a bunch of 720p movies, and I can't tell that they're low res at all...They look like 720p to me!

Those of you waiting, hook up your iPad to your laptop, put AirVideo on your iPad and check it out. No need to wait for the new version...

I love this app.

Are you playing with live conversion? With my ipad the video looks like crap when streaming live conversion doing a 720p vid. My computer is a beast i7 16 gig's of ram and full ssd... So it is not the computer end.

Yeah, live conversion. What codecs are you running on your PC? I've got the Shark codec pack (http://shark007.net/) installed, which does a great job on the PC end. The Community Codec pack is probably also decent. The codecs you're running could make a difference, I think.

My wife has the iPad with her at work right this second, so I can't check the settings on it, but it should be default. I'll try and post some screen shots if you want proof. It really does look VERY good. Strange.

My PC is running an AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6 Ghz, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and a Radeon 4770 Video Card...if that helps. Harddrives are not solid state. Just standard WD 1TB Caviar Blacks. Not uber-beast by any means, but it isn't a slouch.

Admin

Air Video doesn't use system codec. The iPhone client limits the video resolution quite a bit (because iPhone resolution is much lower). That might be the problem. The native iPad resolution will allow bigger video resolution.
wkrp28

I also registered just so that I could say thanks. This is an awesome application and I'm really looking forward to the iPad version.
digitlnoize

Admin wrote:Air Video doesn't use system codec. The iPhone client limits the video resolution quite a bit (because iPhone resolution is much lower). That might be the problem. The native iPad resolution will allow bigger video resolution.

Then I don't understand why I'm getting such awesome video...because I promise, it's not iPhone resolution. I'm talking about 720p movies that I watch remotely from my laptop at 720p...and they look just as good (if not better) on the iPad.

I'll post some shots later...
digitlnoize

digitlnoize wrote:
Admin wrote:Air Video doesn't use system codec. The iPhone client limits the video resolution quite a bit (because iPhone resolution is much lower). That might be the problem. The native iPad resolution will allow bigger video resolution.

Then I don't understand why I'm getting such awesome video...because I promise, it's not iPhone resolution. I'm talking about 720p movies that I watch remotely from my laptop at 720p...and they look just as good (if not better) on the iPad.

I'll post some shots later...

Here's some shots I took with the iPads "screenshot" feature (hold home and "power" together for a sec). I guess it is a little pixelated, but it looks better in motion...if I don't hold it up to my nose, I can't tell...what do you guys think?

[Thumb - Cars 1.PNG]
 Filename Cars 1.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 645 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  948 time(s)

digitlnoize

Another:

[Thumb - Cars 2.PNG]
 Filename Cars 2.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 576 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1000 time(s)

Admin

Doesn't look too bad given that it's encoded on iPhone resolution. Also I can believe that in motion it looks even better (as videos usually do).
ankursingla

Admin
Can you tell us where is the app in the approval process? I am waiting intently.

Thanks
digitlnoize

Another one...
[Thumb - Trek 1.PNG]
 Filename Trek 1.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 459 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  976 time(s)

Admin

We aren't informed about the review process.
digitlnoize

Admin wrote:Doesn't look too bad given that it's encoded on iPhone resolution. Also I can believe that in motion it looks even better (as videos usually do).

I know! That's what I've been saying! What is the max resolution of the iPhone version? It really looks pretty good. I can't tell it's not HD, unless I hit pause and REALLY analyze...
ankursingla

Admin wrote:We aren't informed about the review process.

I thought you can look at the status of the process stage from their developer website?
Admin

All it says is "In Review". But that's not really any indication.
balto

digitlnoize wrote:
Admin wrote:Doesn't look too bad given that it's encoded on iPhone resolution. Also I can believe that in motion it looks even better (as videos usually do).

I know! That's what I've been saying! What is the max resolution of the iPhone version? It really looks pretty good. I can't tell it's not HD, unless I hit pause and REALLY analyze...

Wow mine looks nothing like yours at all. Also using a 1080i source and even tried 720p source. Looks like crap. Guess I will just wait for the new version.
Admin

Could be bandwidth issues. Maybe Air Video decreases the video quality.

You can try to go to Conversion Settings -> Global Conversion Settings and disable all bitrates but 2048kbit/s.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: