[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta4 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Admin

I'm pleased to announce that new Air Video Server beta version is available.

You can download it for Mac OS X Leopard and Microsoft Windows.

Improvements in this release:
* Subtitle Support! SRT, SSA, SUB (MicroDVD) formats are supported. Text subtitle track in MKV files are also supported.
* 64bit transcoding on 64bit Macs
* Windows Installer should configure proper rules for all firewall profiles
* Optimized transcoding for multicore CPUs
* More UPnP workarounds for broken routers

Changes since beta 2:
* Fixed version number in Windows installer
* Fixed subtitle loading bugs
* Stability improvements

Changes since beta 3:
* Fixed problem when Air Video Server froze on startup / shutdown.

Please keep in mind that subtitle support is new. Feedback is very welcome. Also this build DOES NOT SUPPORT PowerPC Macs.
This is a beta version so treat it as such. Things might not work quite as expected

Update: If the accented characters don't show right you need to adjust subtitle encoding in Air Video Server properties.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/13/2009 17:04:56

dighn

Thank you! The subtitles support is very much appreciated. I am now 110% happy about the purchase.

Seems to work perfectly with most of my files. Some of my mkv files have multiple subtitle streams and it would be nice to be able to select which is used. The one selected by default isn't always appropriate (they are of the same language so that alone isn't sufficient).
Admin

In future we plan to have option to chose the subtitle stream on client. In the meanwhile you can extract the correct stream from mkv using mkvmerge and put it alongside the video. Air Video. It will have bigger priority than the subtitle streams in video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/2009 22:43:22

dighn

Admin wrote:In future we plan to have option to chose the subtitle stream on client. In the meanwhile you can extract the correct stream from mkv using mkvmerge and put it alongside the video. Air Video. It will have bigger priority than the subtitle streams in video.

Sounds like a viable workaround. Thanks
ashenvale

Subtitle support = greatest update ever!

Some suggestions:

1. Subtitle positioning - required when zooming in on a video
2. In-App config - already mentioned, but it would be great if we could select and configure subtitles within the application.
3. Font size adjustment - not a priority for me, but it would be nice to have
4. Styles support - not really that important to me, but a nice to have feature which supports colors and maybe some effects?

Just curious, what's the next step after subtitles?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2009 00:49:19

Admin

As far as subtitle styles are concerned, bold, italic, underline attributes are supported for SRT, SUB and partially for SSA subtitles (if defined as style not as override). Color is not supported yet.
zhihmeng

I think I got a problem when I resume the video to last position, the subtitles just gone! But when I restart from the beginning, the subtitles comes back!

Is'it a known issue?
Admin

It's not. What kind of subtitles are those (external - srt, ssa, or in mkv)? Also, does seeking work?
AppleMobile

Admin,

I noticed that after installing this BETA software, my firewall is asking me for permission to let a program ffmpeg.exe access the internet. What is ffmpeg.exe and why is it needed? Also, why is the program trying to access the internet even when I have "Enable Access from Internet" disabled?
Admin

Hi,

it doesn't need to access internet. It only tries to connect to localhost - to the Air Video Server process instance. FFMPEG is software that does the actual transcoding. And it connects to Air Video Server to obtain the subtitle data.
npitt

Hi,
it seems cannot convert file.
when i click "convert" button, the iPhone show the conversion queue message.
but the sever(windows) don't have any files in conversion queue.
and a only 1kb size file(*.m4v) been output in the file path.
Admin

Can you post the conversion log here (available in the "logs" tab) after you try to convert the file? Does it happen with every file you try?
npitt

Admin wrote:Can you post the conversion log here (available in the "logs" tab) after you try to convert the file? Does it happen with every file you try?

Yes, I try two files. and got the same result.
Is this what you want?

Filename LiveConversion.txt [Disk] Download
 Description LiveConversion
 Filesize 40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  871 time(s)

Filename OfflineConversion.txt [Disk] Download
 Description Offline Conversion
 Filesize 18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  828 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/12/2009 16:58:11

Admin

Okay, I see where the problem is. The folder that contains your video has unicode characters in it's name. Try renaming it and remove the characters. We'll try to fix this in future updates. In the meanwhile offline conversion will not work on Windows if the folder path contains unicode characters.
npitt

Admin wrote:Okay, I see where the problem is. The folder that contains your video has unicode characters in it's name. Try renaming it and remove the characters. We'll try to fix this in future updates. In the meanwhile offline conversion will not work on Windows if the folder path contains unicode characters.

I renamed to remove the characters. It seem can work.
but it can use before 2.1.7 version.
whatever thanks for your response so soon.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: