[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Slow Buffering Over Wi-Fi  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
mike5757

Hello all,

I have an issue when using Air Video where the buffer will fill up very slowly over an adequate WLAN connection going from my wired computer to my iPhone 4.
I'm not using live conversion, so I don't think my computers processing speed is an issue.
I'm using the latest non-beta Air Video server and client.
Trying to play even a 2.5 mbit/s video over the local network results in long buffer times that can't keep up, and it eventually pauses to buffer.
I've tested the internet connection on my phone at 10 mbit/s via speedtest.net app.
Switching to 802.11n to 11g seems to help the problem, but not cure it, even though I get the same speeds on either one in other apps which seems odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike
Admin

you mentioned WLAN in the first sentence, does this happen over local network or over internet?
mike5757

This is over the local network, not the internet.
Admin

Looks like a routing issue then. Does your router do any kind of Wireless packet prioritization or something similar?
mike5757

My router has Wi-Fi Multimedia QoS. If I turn WMM off, my phone refuses to connect to the network unless I force 802.11g only.

This seems to fix the problem. I thought WMM was supposed to prioritize video haha. It's also odd since there's little to no other traffic on the network.

I was hoping not to have to force all of my wireless devices back on to 11g, but oh well. Thank you for your help

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: