[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Search function and/or Index  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General

Just download Air Video today.
Works great, many thanks.

I have over 2,000 Music Videos so it will make it easier to locate videos and will surely make Air Video greater:
1.) A search function and
2.) or index search like in Contacts App would be nice
3.) Group by Genre, Artist, Album and ... (Maybe in Search preferences)
4.) Play the whole Playlist without stopping at each one.

Best Regards

trying to do the right thing here by doing a forum search before posting my feature request.

I would love a search function in AirVideo. +1 for this feature! Hope the moderator sees this...

+1 on search

Bump +1 for the in folder search

Hey guys, *great* product. I use AirVideo all the time.

I'd also love a search feature. The simplest would be an in-folder search function (a little search field at the top, like many iPhone apps have), but even better, if you can swing it, would be a global search over the server. I don't know if it would have to make a request to the server for this (seems like it could take a while in some cases), but probably whatever searches the fastest would be best.

Is there some sort of iPhone library utility that could allow you to insert in-place filtering/search easily in the folder view?

Looking forward to seeing this feature! Keep up the great work!

Bump +1 for the in folder search

I'll second the search function as well. I have a large library of video (>500), mostly animation and most of that are individual Warner/Disney cartoons from my legal DVD collections. It would be very useful to have a simple search feature rather than plow through a massive list. ServeToMe has this and Air Video should have it too. Strangely, even Apple forgot a search function in Home Sharing for iOS 4.3 which makes it virtually unusable for me.

And speaking of ServeToMe, I'm happier that overall, Air Video's UI is more friendly than ServeToMe's and apparently without some of the bugs. But ServeToMe seems too still have more granular control over video features, down to the specific video in a collection. ServetoMe also does music from iTunes, which could be a useful new feature for Air Video for some.

+ 1 for (at least) in folder search.

I think it's common, for us heavy users, to have 300+ files directories, and scrolling through them to find something you don't just quite remember is pretty boring.

Could admin tell us why this feature hasn't cut through in a year?

I have been using the app for only a few days and really love it! The only thing that bothers me is that its missing a search function. So I just want to add my support for implementing such a feature. Of course one could use whatever file or folder search one has on the device but within the app would be so much better, especially if coupled with a global server wide search. Like peyton suggested! That would be awesome.

Air Video is AMAZING, but, I would absolutely love a search function to be added - so I can more easily navigate through my folder of 823 films!

Please add this feature!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2011 13:40:59

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: