[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
linux support?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
lstepnio

stough wrote:So, Unknown... Any testing with Alpha 4?

Also, re: Multithreading. The ffmpeg from this site compiled as directed has --enable-pthreads, but I think that you need to tell ffmpeg how many threads to use, I think. It would be nice if the properties file allowed additional arguments to be passed to ffmpeg...

I'll be trying out alpha 4 this evening and will post my findings.

Cheers,
Tim.

I wasn't aware Alpha 4 was available? You have a link?

http://inmethod.com/air-video/download/linux/alpha4/AirVideoServerLinux.jar -- based on a educated guess didn't work.
th3joker

Where's alpha4 ? do you have a linky
unknown_inc

stough wrote:So, Unknown... Any testing with Alpha 4?

Also, re: Multithreading. The ffmpeg from this site compiled as directed has --enable-pthreads, but I think that you need to tell ffmpeg how many threads to use, I think. It would be nice if the properties file allowed additional arguments to be passed to ffmpeg...

I'll be trying out alpha 4 this evening and will post my findings.

Cheers,
Tim.

I wasn't aware of the Alpha 4 build. I will try that right away... Post my findings in a bit. By the way, some kind of version history could come in handy. And a download link post...
Where is the link???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/06/2010 21:37:31

AVS Linux - Download & information - http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1856.page
stough

Oops.. I thought that someone said alpha 4 was released.

I do look forward to it's release.

Edit: I just realized that when Unknown posted the link to alpha3, I wanted the new build so bad that I misread it. Sorry to get everyone riled up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/2010 01:28:20

flantastic

it seems there are multiple people who have been able to set up their linux servers & airvideo for WAN streaming via internet and/or 3G. Is there anyone who would be willing to write up a how-to?

Sorry to ask again, but my original post is already a few pages back now and I thought it was worth another shot.
Thanks!
stough

A how-to from someone who has done a WAN streaming setup would be awesome. I would be interested in hearing how much upload bandwidth you have and how much was needed (minimum) to get decent WAN performance.

I haven't even considered setting up WAN streaming since my upload bandwidth sucks (768kbps).

Cheers...
mctubster

Hi,

Right now WAN streaming from Linux is not stable (at least not for me). Both alpha3 and alpha2 with the current play is no go. It will start OK, then drop to audio only. It seems as there is an issue with the bandwidth detection?

I have played with streaming from OSX to my iPhone on 3G which works OK as long as you are not moving at speed!

500Kb upload seems to be enough. Again the biggest issue will be your 3G provider.

Once a newer Linux server comes out I will try again

stough

Yeah, bandwidth detection does seem to be an issue with the Linux Server.

While my setup is working generally well, I've had problems with the quality dropping off and having to restart the stream. Others have mentioned quality drop problems as well. Since I've never noticed pauses due to the buffering issues, I can only assume that the server is erring on the side of detection too little bandwidth. Maybe a parameter could be exposed in the properties file so that we can try to fine tune it?

Cheers,
Tim.
watasino

airvideoの事でお尋ねしたいのですが、

このアプリをインストールすると便利なのですが、   アプリを利用する前にパスワードで保護することはできるでしょうか?何か方法はありますか?

他の人に簡単に見られないためです。

お願いします。
InternetApe

[Avatar]

I don't have any problems streaming video via WAN/3G. I just setup the linux box as stated in the wiki and in my router I setup the ports to forward to the server, of even easier would be to just put the Server in the DMZ then point the iPad/iPhone to the ip address or get a domain forward from DynDNS.org if your IP is not static. If you do put it in the DMZ make sure your server is secure!

I'm using the newest alpha 3 on Ubuntu 9.04 behind a WRT54g running DD-WRT with Cable internet connection.

mongo

[Avatar]

Hello:

Thank you for the hard work on the Linux server. One bit of bother which
I can't seem to figure out. Is there a way to select the second audio track
in a video file? I have several movies which have Italian as their primary
audio track with English on the second track and a bunch of flicks which
have the director's commentary on the second track.

Is there a way to select the second audio track without having to transcode
the file again?

Cheers,

Mongo
stough

You can choose the audio stream under "conversion settings" on the iPhone client. On the iPad client, you just tap on the preview before you start it playing and you can select audio. It's in the same place on both clients right next to the subtitle selector.

Cheers.
Frubx

Just wanted to say thanks for the Linux version of the server app. I managed to get this running on my Synology DS409 NAS (without live conversion, ARM processor and all that).

It didn't work with the version of Java available through ipkg (jamvm - 1.5.3-1), but it does work well with the Embedded JRE from Oracle.

I've not tried anything fancy like WAN streaming yet, but so far so good
mongo

[Avatar]

Hello Again:

I'm trying to get an Airvideo server running under Mandriva 2010.1 X64 edition and I've
run up against a major buggerance in that I can't find a working version of mpeg4ip. The
PLF package is borked and can't be installed Manually compiling it fails pretty miserably.
Development of mpeg4ip appears to have stopped a while back. Any suggestions besides
going back to Ubuntu?

Thanks,

---Mongo
unknown_inc

I recommend to set the correct bandwitdh to only ONE option if you have a bad internet connection. Say 384 kbit/s or 512 kbit/s. That way the Live Conversion doesn't need to autodetect what kind of setting is optimal. So stick with one selection and try if that helps for streaming...

AVS Linux - Download & information - http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1856.page

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: