[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hardware assisted video conversion - Intel Quick Sync support?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
xliv

Hi,
new user to this forum, but long time user of Air Video - love the app thanks so much, totally worth the money!

I am now running Air Video Server on a Z68 based hardware, with from what I understand, a version of Intel HD graphics that has hardware assisted video conversion.
My question is: is Air Video conversion (either on the fly, or offline) making use of this? Or is there a plan to boost performances thanks to this? Or maybe my question does not make sense...

Thanks in advance
Admin

Hi,

we are looking at supporting hardware accelerated conversion in future, but there is no timeline yet.
xliv

OK many thanks for your answer, looking forward to it!
dougpace

Another vote to provide Quick Sync support. As more people get on board with Sandy Bridge processors, would be great to double transcoding speed. This part of an anandtech article back in January got me excited about Quick Sync - since then it doesn't seem like there has been much adoption of it:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/9

Your program is great as ever - one of those "must haves" for people with a legitimate video collection that wants to enjoy it on an iOS device. Thank you so much for the product.
nac

Vote from me too.

Actually I have been looking into upgrading my existing AMD X2 based media center. The transcoding is too slow and keeps pausing.
With a growing collection of iphones and ipad in the house, I need to be able to transcode two videos at the same time.

So I am thinking of going with the i5 2500k, which supports Quick Sync. Hopefully should have the grunt required, but if AV supported QS it would be great!

paulkhor

Admin wrote:Hi,

we are looking at supporting hardware accelerated conversion in future, but there is no timeline yet.

Just wondering if you are still looking at supporting hardware accelerated conversion as it's been 2 years since you posted this.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: