[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
some requests  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
jockyw2001

Hi,

Congrats for this great app !

Allow me to pass on a few requests:
1. add the option to open videostreams as source (just as VLC can). I would then be able to view my sat and cable channels w/o resorting to VLC. Something like a playlist which contains source URLs)
2. add .trp file extension (it's a dvb ts format which I'm sure ffmpeg can read)
3. add an advanced audio/video codec settings tab where transcoding params such as bitrate, fps, and size can be tweaked to user needs
4. add support for playing a dvd or add support for playback of .vob files

Looking forward to new releases

Cheers
JockyW

PS: I once coded a similar app for PSP (VLC PMP Player for the Sony PSP) so I know what it takes.
Admin

Hi,

1. That we can't do. It would be considered streaming of live video which we are not allowed to do over 3G. Ask AT&T why.
2. Will be added in next server release
3. I think if you need this degree of control you are better off with software like handbrake. We are really not trying to replace dedicated solution
4. It's tricky because the vob files can be split and ffmpeg can't read such files. I'm not saying it's not possible to implement, we just have features with higher priorities that we need to address first.
jockyw2001

Admin wrote:
1. That we can't do. It would be considered streaming of live video which we are not allowed to do over 3G. Ask AT&T why.

But you could enforce wifi for live video (same as apps like EyeTV and equinux Live TV).

2. Will be added in next server release

Thx!

3. I think if you need this degree of control you are better off with software like handbrake. We are really not trying to replace dedicated solution

Ok, I will look into that. Or perhaps you could point me to a plist or registry keys which your server application uses

4. It's tricky because the vob files can be split and ffmpeg can't read such files. I'm not saying it's not possible to implement, we just have features with higher priorities that we need to address first.

Right stick to priorities first, would definitely be something for a later release.

Cheers
JockyW
Admin

jockyw2001 wrote:
Admin wrote:

But you could enforce wifi for live video (same as apps like EyeTV and equinux Live TV).

This could get us to a slippery slope and complicate the already quite long review process.
jockyw2001 wrote:

Ok, I will look into that. Or perhaps you could point me to a plist or registry keys which your server application uses

We only store conversion settings that are user configurable in preferences (on client). So tweaking those wouldn't give you anything you can't do with Air Video UI.
jockyw2001

What are the target stream bitrates for the different quality levels which can be set in the client? Thx.
Admin

We don't limit target bitrate. It doesn't work very well with H264 encoding. We set the constant quality factor. So the target bitrate pretty much varies depending on the video (scene complexity, movement, etc). If you look at the live conversion log during live conversion, the bitrate is being output every 10 seconds.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: