[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Network problems  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
mitch1

Ever since I've updated the the latest server client, it seems I have more problems then before, air play is very buggy, I keep getting network drops and now this morning wifi worked just fine but tonight unable to connect to wifi but I can through remote. This is very frustrating. As soon as I close out the client and then reopen, it will work just fine. I know the problem has to do with the network, but I have other apps that are cloud based yet they have no network problems. Your last update seems to have created more problems then it solved. From your responses to others you seem to be quick to blame the problems on everybody's network and firewalls. I would expect that you would be able to make the app works with everybodys networks. Why does your app seem to always get blocked by firewalls yet zumo cast and image bank, apps that work basically the same way, don't have the problems that your app does. I'm sick and tired of having to try to figure out what my firewall is doing.Please update your app so that it over rides windows stupid security and firewalls so that I don't have to. I love your app, but these bugs are starting to get frustrating.
Admin

Hi,

if you get network drops (I assume by this you mean your iPhone/iPad disconnected from WiFi) there really isn't anything Air Video can do. These things are handled on several levels below Air Video (iOS firmware).

If I recall correctly zumocast used to route all traffic through their servers, which does result in more stable connection but the cost of bandwidth can get really expensive.
mitch1

Perhaps when the new iso comes out, some of the bugs will get worked out. It's just that I dont experience the same issues with iTunes and other apps. I've had more network issues with the last update than I've had with prior versions.
Admin

I'm rather curious why though because the latest update hasn't changed anything network wise. Which router do you have?
mitch1

I have a d-link dir-825. It's suppose to be one of the best. I just updated the firmware the other day. I also have windows 7 64bit.I think I have my firewall setup correctly and don't have any third party firewalls
Admin

The router really shouldn't be a problem unless it's a bad piece. I remember having two dlink routers replaced, but the reason was different - they used to lock up. Neither should the system firewall. However there must be something wrong with the network. I know it looks like I'm finding excuses but when connecting over local network fails there's very little air video magic involved. If you get problem resolving computer IP address on local network it is possible that Apple Bonjour doesn't work properly.
mitch1

Should I reinstall apple bonjour, and where, thanks for you help
Admin

That depends on what error message exactly do you get during Live Conversion.

You can download the Bonjour software here

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999
mitch1

Thanks

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: