[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
In search ofHardware Acceleration for Live Conversion?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
ejacobsen

I'm running Air Video Server on a 2.8Ghz 2 core iMac and a 2.54Ghz 2 core MacBook Pro. In both cases, when doing live conversion both cores are at almost 100% and I the video on my iphone pauses to allow the stream to re-buffer.

1. Is there a solution to accelerate the ffmpeg-based live conversion with hardware? both my macs have an nvidia 9400 GPU for example. is airvideo using the gpu to offload the cpu? could it? Or is there another hardware acceleration solution I could try?

2. What's the easiest way to know if the pause to rebuffer is at any given time caused by cpu capacity, upload bandwidth or 3g download bandwidth?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/24/2009 10:05:04

Admin

Hi,

your configuration should be fast enough for live conversion. Does the rebuffer happen on local network to? There is currently no way for ffmpeg to do hardware accelerated encoding. However as far as I can tell all GPU accelerated H264 encoders suffer from rather bad output quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/24/2009 10:05:38

ejacobsen

I'll do some additional experimentation and get back with more info on when and how the rebuffers occur and when they don't.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: