[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
URL Resolver Error / Server is not reachable  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
semiinsane

I have to say admin, after much search and reading many of your posts, it was yunus12000 method of re-adding the server definition that solved my problem.
Faterson

semiinsane wrote:I have to say admin, after much search and reading many of your posts, it was yunus12000 method of re-adding the server definition that solved my problem.

For me it didn't. My problem was the NOD / Eset Smart Security Personal Firewall that was blocking access to AirVideoServer from my iPad. I kept getting either the "Server Unreachable" error message, or the "URL Resolver error".

To get around this, you need to add a manual exception to your Eset Firewall. I have just posted a tutorial on how to do this.
ThomasJ

I'm having the same issue, which is frustrating because up until the last week or so, Air Video worked fine for me. No settings have changed either on my computer or router. I am getting an internet unreachable error. I have run my test connection and passed; it says it is accessible from the internet. I have no idea what to do to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Admin

What error message exactly do you get? What kind of network are you connected to?
ThomasJ

I was getting a server unreachable error. Now all of a sudden, even though no changes have been made anywhere, it seems to be working again.
Albuerto

Admin wrote:What error message exactly do you get? What kind of network are you connected to?

Hello, I sometimes get the "URL Resolver Error" message and then I don't get acces to the air video server on my computer. I am using the Air Video app on iPad2. If I restart my WIFI on ipad (turn off and on again) then everything works fine. But if I do some other stuff and 10 minutes after I go back to the app it doesn't connect anymore and I get the already mentioned message... strange... no ? So then I restart my WIFI again and it's ok again... but it's very annoying like that... what could be the problem and the fix? Thanks in advance for your help!! Really great app by the way !! Keep up the good work.
Admin

If you have bluetooth turned on, turn it off. Try to switch between 2.4 and 5GHz networks. If you can update firmware on your router, try doing that.
alagemo

Albuerto wrote:
Admin wrote:What error message exactly do you get? What kind of network are you connected to?

Hello, I sometimes get the "URL Resolver Error" message and then I don't get acces to the air video server on my computer. I am using the Air Video app on iPad2. If I restart my WIFI on ipad (turn off and on again) then everything works fine. But if I do some other stuff and 10 minutes after I go back to the app it doesn't connect anymore and I get the already mentioned message... strange... no ? So then I restart my WIFI again and it's ok again... but it's very annoying like that... what could be the problem and the fix? Thanks in advance for your help!! Really great app by the way !! Keep up the good work.

I had a similar problem - the only thing that changed from my configuration from when Air Video previously worked is that I restarted my router.

I managed to manually specify the correct IP address in "Servers" on AV, rather than making it connect automatically. I'm not sure if it was looking for an old IP address (assuming mine is dynamic and had changed). Or something. This kind of technical network stuff bores me to tears...
nlaine

Communication Error - Request timed out for on Ipad Gen 1 and Iphone Gen 4 .

I checked the Http://localhost:45631... and it displays Air Video with no other attributes.

Remote log provides the following
2011-07-24 11:28:20 PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (14602480)
2011-07-24 11:28:20 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (3807284)
2011-07-24 11:47:14 PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (19934057)
2011-07-24 11:47:14 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (27456945)
2011-07-24 11:47:16 PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (1613381
2011-07-24 11:47:16 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (24338914)

Any suggestions.. I am using a Belken router with no firewalls on at this time.
smewhteguy

I too have the same error message. me and my girl bought iphones at same time. i just installed air video on both of our phones. my phone connects to our computer with no problem, but her computer will not connect. any ideas? thanks in advance.. found my problem my phone was connected thru wifi and hers wasn't, neither of our phones will connect using 3g.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/15/2011 03:25:38

Admin

Hi,

can you please restart Air Video Server and send the updated remote support log to support (at) inmethod.com?
JaiLa

OK, if you've just installed the latest version of iTunes and now you're unable to connect to your Air Video Server in Windows, here is what worked for me:

First, shut down Air Video server. Next, go into control panel and open up your list of programs installed, called Programs and Features in Windows Vista.

Right click on Bonjour then select repair.

Once the repair is complete (only a miniscule 11 seconds in my case), just restart Air Video server and reconnect with your mobile device.

I ran into this problem while doing a clean install of Windows 7 on a new build. Ran into the solution for itunes and tried it here and it works.

I hope this helps!

Jaimee
joetakeshihatano

I have the similar problem ... unable to connect either local or remote since I changed network security on my router(netgear) the setting of WPA2 to WPA because of PSP system.
I followed all the trouble shootings, nothing seems to work! I've changed it back to WPA2, still not working at all!!!
Message I get is when I try local...

"URL Resolver Error
Error occured while trying to resolve the server address. This probably means that the server is turned off or that there are networking problem"

When I try remote ...
"URL Resolve Error
Server is not reachable"

I get a response of "Air Video" when I try this http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/connection-problems.html
However I can't connect to here http://192.168.1.105:45631

I don't know what kind of networking problem I could possibly have ... my internet is working just fine, so is air video server on my mac ...

I'm thinking its the router problem, but don't know how/what to fix ... any idea, anybody???

PLEASE HELP!!!
Admin

I'm not sure what is wrong here. Apparently your router doesn't route the request from your device to Air Video Server properly, but I don't know what the cause is. Does it help when you switch back to WPA2?
joetakeshihatano

I DID switch to WPA2, that's when it started the problem. Prior to that I'd never had any connection problem.
I change the setting back, still not working at all.

Can u guide me some instructions of setting? Or possible other things I could do!

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: