[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ISO Playback  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
carceron

Plex will play ISO. Works great!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2011 10:47:53

phils

It sounds like quite a few people are requesting ISO support for video playback. ISO being just an encasement shell that can be easily read should not be a problem.
Serious movie collectors will always keep their videos in an ISO format for a lot of reasons.
If Air Video would read and play the ISO file, it would be the ultimate program!
PLEASE ADD ISO SUPPORT !
phils

It sounds like quite a few people are requesting ISO support for video playback. ISO being just an encasement shell that can be easily read should not be a problem.
Serious movie collectors will always keep their videos in an ISO format for a lot of reasons.
If Air Video would read and play the ISO file, it would be the ultimate program!
PLEASE ADD ISO SUPPORT !
kiyosi

+1 for ISO support with full DVD functionality...

It's not good enough to play the main feature of an ISO file...It needs to be able to support full DVD menu options, episode selection, sub options, audio options.

Please!
gx470

:Bump:
Vlc streamer can play iso files..except the menus don't work.

I think iso file support would be totally awesome along with menu support!! :]
nerdherd

I just registered to add my vote for ISO support. Would be a great way to make this fantastic app even better!

Could we at least get some kind of indication from the devs as to if/when this might be addressed? This is the #2 thread in the general forum and I haven't seen an "official" comment in quite some time. Thanks!
mickelin

carceron wrote:Plex will play ISO. Works great!

Plex does not play ISO on ios devices. However, I have finally found an app that does: VLCStreamer. No DVD menu support but does play the main feature. Also supports wifi download of converted file to the ipad/iphone. As I see it, these are the two critical features missing in Air Video. VLCStreamer does not have as simple, clean a user interface though. Please fix these two features!
kiyosi

mickelin wrote:
carceron wrote:Plex will play ISO. Works great!

Plex does not play ISO on ios devices. However, I have finally found an app that does: VLCStreamer. No DVD menu support but does play the main feature. Also supports wifi download of converted file to the ipad/iphone. As I see it, these are the two critical features missing in Air Video. VLCStreamer does not have as simple, clean a user interface though. Please fix these two features!

I have found VLC Streamer to be unreliable at best...

The first ISO DVD I tried to playback (The Beach) stopped comverting at 11:50mins, and started producing the following error in the log...

ac-tex damaged at 1-14
Slice Mismatch
Invalid mb type in B Frame...and so on

I contacted support, and they advised that the error meant nothing to them...

I'm afraid to say that I am still on the hunt for an IPAD app that supports the ISO format properly...I'm no longer worried if the menus and special features etc cannot be incorporated in the conversion, so long as there's an option to select the relevant subtitles for the conversion.

Come on Airvideo!!! I was told via an email months ago that it's on the way...When will this happen???? It would be a nice Christmas present...

I'll add that I'm also at the point where I'll buy one of http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Slate_EP121/ so as to avoid all of the issues with ISO playback.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/04/2011 13:12:22

Thomas_AUT

Actually, ISO & IMG are virtual disks/disk images, not a video-format. It's not the video-players task to mount or open virtual-disk images.
Storing videos in this format is just oldshool, inefficient and usually waste of disk-space, not because ISO sucks, but MPEG2-File/VC-1 does, because it takes a lot of disk-space (and bandwidth) for nothing. Furthermore, mounting original disk images forces the viewer to watch some stupid non-skippable infos & warnings if not removed during ripping. So, as movie-fan it just makes sense storing one big MKV-File (which is btw the best container), which only includes the movie and nothing else.
And, to be honest, even chapters are useless. If you call yourself a serious movie-fan you will watch a movie from the beginning to the end without stopping it. Anyway, chapters can be saved in MKV.
If you still want to stick with this solution, there is still a way to do it, but it's not that convenient:
Using a webbrowser and some scripts you should be able to mount your images on the server with daemon-tools or alcohol via a webinterface. Just add the Disk-Drive to you library and you can stream its content via AirVideo.
Although, afaik you need CGI... So, if some1 here has knowledge about PHP & CGI he could probably code that within 1-2 hours...

BR, Thomas
nikodn

I like using AirVideo with my iPad using live conversion and streaming to apple tv. It works absolutely great. Because most of my videos are still dvd with a video_ts folder containing vob files I would appriciate, if AirVideo would support this (in the moment, it just works by playing each vob file).
kiyosi

Christmas has come and gone now...Still hanging for ISO support
stoof

Also have alot of ISO files. Are there any plan for supporting this?
I would appreciate a response if it's worth waiting for or if I need to buy any of the other apps supporting this.

Otherwise a great server/app but ISO is a must for me.
kiyosi

I wish you all the luck in the world in trying to find an app that supports ISO properly. Please let me know if you find anything...
stoof

I can give you one right now. Video Stream.
kiyosi

Ok, you have my attention...

Have you used this app? If so, have you used it to play ISO files?

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: