[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AVS Linux - Download links & information  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Author Message
sofakng



Joined: 05/12/2010 13:50:47
Messages: 13
Offline

Does the "Alpha4" version in the OP work with Air Video 2.4.3 for the iPhone/iPad?
Q



Joined: 01/26/2011 23:59:30
Messages: 2
Location: Earth
Offline

Just wanted to register to say thanks for this, works great on my Ubuntu 10.04 machine. Streaming works great on my iPad.

Edit:

Now after reboot I get this:

DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Exception during SnapshotCache initialization: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Trying to close index and data files
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Second Attempt of SnapshotCache initialization failed: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String2011-01-29 23:08:17.815::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-01-29 23:08:17.848::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2011-01-29 23:08:17.881::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (929802633)

Nevermind, fixed.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/30/2011 16:59:06

adave



Joined: 02/04/2011 04:58:57
Messages: 5
Offline

Hi everyone. I was able to follow all of the installation instructions so thanks for that. I installed Alpha4.

I am getting an error on my iPad when I click on the server. "Warning: Your Air Video Server version seems to be outdated. Recommended server version is 2.4.0"

The current version of the iPad AirVideo app is 2.4.3 with the latest updates install. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.
adave



Joined: 02/04/2011 04:58:57
Messages: 5
Offline

I have no idea what happened but this morning I tried connecting again and go no errors and was able to connect! I streamed a couple of different things while on my LAN perfectly.

Having issues streaming from WAN. I started a new post for this problem here. http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/2943.page
rubiojr



Joined: 02/08/2011 08:34:35
Messages: 12
Offline

Hi,

i've created an Ubuntu package to easy the install:

http://rubiojr.frameos.org/airvideo-install.txt

HOpe you find it useful.
unknown_inc



Joined: 06/28/2010 00:02:24
Messages: 33
Offline

rubiojr wrote:Hi,

i've created an Ubuntu package to easy the install:

http://rubiojr.frameos.org/airvideo-install.txt

HOpe you find it useful.



This is a REALLY good initiative rubiojr!! Great work!!

AVS Linux - Download & information - http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1856.page
Ultim8Fury



Joined: 02/13/2010 19:09:39
Messages: 4
Offline

really cheeky, but is there any chance of a back-port to 10.04LTS for those of us stuck on the long term Ubuntu release cycle (64bit if possible)


Thanks.
rubiojr



Joined: 02/08/2011 08:34:35
Messages: 12
Offline

Sure.
Ultim8Fury



Joined: 02/13/2010 19:09:39
Messages: 4
Offline

wow. um thanks. I didn't expect a response that quick.

rubiojr



Joined: 02/08/2011 08:34:35
Messages: 12
Offline

Lucid package now available in the airvideo PPA.

Haven't been able to test it by my self. Let me know how it goes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/2011 16:27:38

Ultim8Fury



Joined: 02/13/2010 19:09:39
Messages: 4
Offline

Seems to work great. Many thanks and much rep added.
Vanhal



Joined: 02/14/2011 21:54:26
Messages: 1
Offline

Is it possible to set the folder to where videos are converted are saved?
rubiojr



Joined: 02/08/2011 08:34:35
Messages: 12
Offline

Hi all,

I've updated the Ubuntu AirVideo Server Package:

* Included system tray application to start/stop the server without resorting to the command line

Have a look at:

http://goo.gl/ZNZGD

Install instructions:

http://blog.frameos.org/2011/02/08/installing-airvideo-linux-server-in-ubuntu/

Feedback greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/17/2011 19:30:07

elevens



Joined: 02/17/2011 20:26:06
Messages: 2
Offline

rubiojr wrote:Hi all,

I've updated the Ubuntu AirVideo Server Package:

* Included system tray application to start/stop the server without resorting to the command line

Have a look at:

http://goo.gl/ZNZGD

Install instructions:

http://blog.frameos.org/2011/02/08/installing-airvideo-linux-server-in-ubuntu/

Feedback greatly appreciated.


Everything seemed to install ok for me on 10.04. Running some 720p video with live conversion, have yet to see any issues (fwiw, quadcore / gigabyte mobo / 4gigs). If I see anything I'll make a comment. Thanks for making the install simple.

update:

I'm using terminal but when I tried to start it via the GUI, it doesn't load up. Not a problem for me, I use CLI 99% of the time, but wanted to give a heads up.

Cheers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/17/2011 21:19:48

rubiojr



Joined: 02/08/2011 08:34:35
Messages: 12
Offline

elevens wrote:
Everything seemed to install ok for me on 10.04. Running some 720p video with live conversion, have yet to see any issues (fwiw, quadcore / gigabyte mobo / 4gigs). If I see anything I'll make a comment. Thanks for making the install simple.

update:

I'm using terminal but when I tried to start it via the GUI, it doesn't load up. Not a problem for me, I use CLI 99% of the time, but wanted to give a heads up.

Cheers.


Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.
 
Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team