[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
the new Apple TV & AirPlay  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Admin

I tested Air Video Enabler on iPhone 4 and it seems to work, of course the limitation of live http streaming support of Air Play remain.
PapZ

Meaning what, exactly?
AFAIK, even if I haven't had the chance to try it out for myself (just ordered an apple tv), it seems to work with airvideo just fine, both in plain streaming and with live conversion. Can you confirm this?
Admin

It's not really ideal. Seeking during live conversion doesn't work and sometimes it is problematic to initiate live conversion.
PapZ

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's an acceptable trade-off, considering the early adopting area and the substantial lack of more robust alternatives. Hope to check it myself soon.

Thinking out loud, why do you think apple released this pitiful, half-baked solution on the market, considering how they advertised it in such a different way?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/28/2010 01:58:18

Admin

I suppose that might be the major reason why it's not part of public SDK (yet). It works well for what it is advertised to do (stream videos stored in iOS device and youtube videos)
gustovier

Admin wrote:It's not really ideal. Seeking during live conversion doesn't work and sometimes it is problematic to initiate live conversion.

A similar tool called allplay was released as well. It's on the bigg boss repo. My guess is that it's also a similiar mobile substrate implementation it will prob deliver the same results. But I'm still interested in hearing if anybody has tested it.
PapZ

Speaking about http streaming, im willing to use it with a news app, Sky TG 24, which streams a news channel to this app: do you think it would work?
lucdesaulniers

Will Air Video be able to stream to my ATV 2 from my iPhone to my TV with the new feature of 4.2?
lucdesaulniers

Will Air Video be able to stream to my ATV 2 from my iPhone to my TV with the new feature of 4.2? Right now I get the sound to ATV2 but not the video.
Admin

It will not. The technology is not there yet.
lucdesaulniers

Will it come ?
Clegg

I've tested the air play enabler, and all play hacks off Cydia. The testing and results have been consistent:

Playing sd and hd videos in .mp4 format works awesome. I can push any of those to airplay with just a click. Anything that I want to Realtime encode fails switching to airplay. I have the error logs if anyone is interested. It is an "encoder thread exception: EOFEXeption -null"

Pretty much if the inmethod folks can work out how to get the air video server (or app) to not freak when the Airvideo app switches to airplay devices while doing live conversion we'll be set!

I prefer to do live conversion and have no issues with Hp to drive it. It works great to the iPad...now I just want it on the atv2

My air video server is a dual xeon e5620 w/32gb ram... So it's got the power
Beergeek

How about a different tack? Having AirVideo Server act as a computer source for video. Feeding video directly to the Apple TV like another instance of iTunes? Auto conversion as needed, etc.

Cheers,
Jeff
lucdesaulniers

Clegg wrote:I've tested the air play enabler, and all play hacks off Cydia. The testing and results have been consistent:

Playing sd and hd videos in .mp4 format works awesome. I can push any of those to airplay with just a click. Anything that I want to Realtime encode fails switching to airplay. I have the error logs if anyone is interested. It is an "encoder thread exception: EOFEXeption -null"

Pretty much if the inmethod folks can work out how to get the air video server (or app) to not freak when the Airvideo app switches to airplay devices while doing live conversion we'll be set!

I prefer to do live conversion and have no issues with Hp to drive it. It works great to the iPad...now I just want it on the atv2

My air video server is a dual xeon e5620 w/32gb ram... So it's got the power

Are you saying you actually used your AirVideo with your iTouch/iPhone to stream to your AppleTV 2?
Clegg

I used AirVideo with my iPad to stream video to my AppleTV 2. WOrks perfectly as long as it is .mp4 files if it is anything that needs to be live converted, it fails. Works brilliantly with SD and HD *.mp4 files though.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: