[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
tman1234

Just downloaded the iPad version and it works great. Thanks again for creating such a great program - one request, please keep an option to retain the simple menus and straightforward interface going forward!
Less is more sometimes.
ysmirn01

I never though I will say it but PLEASE CHARGE MORE FOR THIS AWESOME APP.
You guys deserve to drive Bentleys and live in million dollars houses. The app is fantastic and your support is unrealistic.

I really feel bad it's cost only few bucks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 05:40:48

santiagodraco

Lol. Well I kinda feel the same way. Great app and finally one that really deserves being paid for. You guys really have done a great job.

Now, I'd really love to see a windows player! I"m not sure the iPad is my long term device and some of the new tablets coming out later in the year look pretty good, like the Slate, so a Windows player would be awesome.

Setting that aside, great job, keep it up!
uncola

the ipad version is incredible! I'm using it with 2.6 beta2 server and I haven't had a single hiccup.. I'm playing 720p stuff and I increased the max res to 1024 and it's live converting only takes a few seconds to buffer and then it's perfectly smooth.. also skipping ahead in the video works great! this is exactly what I bought the ipad for. I spent days trying to get streaming working on my t-mobile g1 with orb and I never got it to work like this. Also I have to say this app totally fits into the apple philosophy of automagically working and the ui is so pretty and intuitive too.
CARasnake

In the iPad version of the app, I do not see the "Add to iTunes" button on my converted files. I hope there is still a way to add the files to iTunes without having to manually do it on your computer.
mrimagineer

When I try to play MKV files that are 1080p, the playback stutters. Thoughts?
Admin

CARasnake wrote:In the iPad version of the app, I do not see the "Add to iTunes" button on my converted files. I hope there is still a way to add the files to iTunes without having to manually do it on your computer.

It's not there yet. We'll probably add it in next update.
Admin

mrimagineer wrote:When I try to play MKV files that are 1080p, the playback stutters. Thoughts?

transcoding 1080p files needs really powerful CPU. You can try to lower resolution in global settings to see if that helps.
mrimagineer

My windows home server with the content has AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5000+ Processor and 4GB of RAM. What are decent specs to transcode 1080p? Quad core?
tehviking

mrimagineer wrote:My windows home server with the content has AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5000+ Processor and 4GB of RAM. What are decent specs to transcode 1080p? Quad core?

I'm transcoding 1080p pretty well from my Mac mini 2GHz core 2 duo. I was really shocked to see that in high-res, real-time. The interface is spectacular. I have remarked several times that I want to give these guys more of my money.

It's easily the most mind-blowing app for iPad, and I was already impressed with the version for iPhone. I hope that the 3G version has got the bandwidth to transmit this higher-res video... We'll see in a few weeks, I guess.

Also, maybe you could have a $10-20 "pro" version that supports video out via Apple's A/V and VGA adapters. If you think about it, that version would turn the iPad into the world's best standalone media streaming device. Take THAT, Slingbox!

Anyway, kudos to you guys, you've built something that feels like the start of something very big.
cboston

The best app ever. Thanks for such a quick turn around on the iPad version. I am telling everyone i can about this app.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 18:58:53

RemE

Just a quick blip, I stumbled on this app and it's looked promising. I've got hundreds of Divx files (on a Vista PC) and in literally 5 minutes was watching videos on the iPad. This is one elegant piece of work! Hats Off to you!

I tried powering down and re-starting, it resumes fairly gracefully.

I tried exiting the app and returning, it doesn't seem to have a bookmark for auto resuming. If you do go to the movie and play, it does resume where I left off.

The only other comment so far, it makes nice thumbnail pics next to the file names and I really like the auto scaling of the fonts to fit the names! It seems to take about 1 sec per thumbnail so for my library it takes 10-20 min to populate. If you exit the app and then return they have to regenerate again. It should have a way to store them locally in the iPad and just update the database as needed?

Thanks for such a fine app!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 20:23:48

Admin

Hi,

the thumbnails should be cached server side. If they aren't it's a bug. It can sometimes happen if you are running multiple Air video instances.

The bookmarking of last visited file will be probably added in next update. The iPhone client does that already, we'll implement it for iPad version too.
RemE

Thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't running a second instance as I had just loaded it and took off running. I'll play more to see if they stick. If they are cached on the server, how long should they (say 600 or so thumbnails) take to be visible on the iPad when the app is re-started?
Admin

600 files in one folder? That can take quite a long. We want to optimize this in future updates (only load thumnails as they are needed).

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: