[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.2.3 released (2.2.2 for OS X)  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Admin

Edit: New update for OS X released - fixes subtitle rendering and memory leak on OS X 10.5 Leopard

I'm pleased to announce that new Air Video Server version is available.

You can download it for Mac OS X Leopard and Microsoft Windows.

Improvements in this release:
* Subtitle Support! SRT, SSA, SUB (MicroDVD), SMI formats are supported. Text subtitle track in MKV files are also supported.
* Fix startup problem on Windows with Java 1.6.0 update 18
* Windows Installer should configure proper rules for all firewall profiles
* More UPnP workarounds for broken routers
* Greatly improved unicode support on Windows
* Support for multichannel AAC audio decoding

Note: If accented characters don't show right you need to adjust subtitle encoding in Air Video Server properties.
64bit support in OS X was removed in 2.2.2 due to issues with some 1st gen 64 bit Intel Macs

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 01/27/2010 22:21:24

MrPacMan36

[Avatar]

This one's kind of a biggy in my books for when I'm traveling... I don't have the time to sync my movies to my iPod after a conversion through air video (add to iTunes button) so if I'm on the run and I stop at a coffee shop or something in the air port, I'd like to take my iPod and watch movies on the plane without having to be connected with a live connection to my desktop at home.

So in the next release, would you be able to add a download button, to download the converted video to the iPod, or convert video live and download at the same time? I understand I'd have to use the app to play the movies and not the original iPod videos app. This would be great if you could do that.

[MSN]
Loveairvid

so happy with the new release.... however, i was hoping that you could add some sort of playlist function, perhaps you could select many videos and this will add the videos to the list, when the first has stopped playing, it would automatically start the next one, and you could also start converting the playlist items if you wanted you... just saves having to revert backthrough the directories to find the next video you want to watch, just easier if you watching through TV out...

and MP3 SUPPORT>>>!!! PWEEEEESEEE!!!

LOVE AIRVIDEO!!
MrPacMan36

[Avatar]

Ok, my little hypothetical question up there isn't true, I would just like you to add the option to download the, already-transcoded-video or live-transcoding-video to the iPod or iPhone for offline use so my friend or I, can watch my movies without the video lagging (say if I'm uploading a file to the web)

Please reply if that's possible or not.

[MSN]
Admin

MrPacMan36 wrote:Ok, my little hypothetical question up there isn't true, I would just like you to add the option to download the, already-transcoded-video or live-transcoding-video to the iPod or iPhone for offline use so my friend or I, can watch my movies without the video lagging (say if I'm uploading a file to the web)

Please reply if that's possible or not.

It's something that we'd like to do in future updates.
johnnycash

I tried updating my current 2.1.7 version on Mac OS 10.6.2 with the "Check for Updates" option in the pulldown menu and it does not see the update? Does this feature work? Also does this update help at all with 3g Streaming? It always had a hard time loading movies using this method. I know bandwith has a lot to do with it but just wondering if you had made any fixes regarding this issue.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into a fantastic piece of software!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/2010 07:54:23

Admin

Hi,

we usually wait couple of days after new release and then allow auto updates.
ls8

Admin wrote:...we usually wait couple of days after new release and then allow auto updates.

I agree, it's smart!
johnnycash

Thanks! Appreciate the answer...any word on improved 3g Streaming with this latest version?
Admin

It should be improved after the client update is approved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/21/2010 09:24:08

johnnycash

I want to try the new version and wanted to know if all my settings will be preserved if I download the latest version here overwriting the current version I have. I would've used Check for Updates but it still doesn't register anything.
Admin

Your settings will be preserved. The autoupdate to 2.2.1 should be enabled in few days.
johnnycash

Thanks I'll just download it manually then.
ukuser

Hi,

Mac user with Mac OSX 10.5.8.

'Check for updates' today installed the latest server release.

Clicking the newly installed Air Server application now doesn't start up at all?
A connection dialogue box appears attempting to reach imethod - but after that, nothing at all?!

Any advice?
Admin

Can you post screenshot of the dialog?

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: