[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
omar_iphone

I would very much like to be able to use Air Video on my Mac Book or Windows based Laptop and stream video content from my PC.
This is software that I would be willing to pay for, as I know the developers have done a top quality job with the iPhone client.

If enough of us add our names to this petition list, perhaps the developers will create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX?

Please add your name to the list and keep this thread going.
(And admins; if you could please make this a sticky so its stays at the top of the forum?)

1. Omar P
str1f3

I joined up just to agree with you and I went to this site specifically looking to see if it was possible. I would also would be willing to pay for this. This is a truly great app for the iPhone. It may be possible on the Mac without this but it certainly wouldn't be as easy.

Please make this happen!
PeterV

Same as str1f3, would love a windows client and would pay for it as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/21/2010 17:17:43

Jozef Remen

I would also like to see a client for a Mac OS X. Or at least give us a clean hint how to receive the stream. I guess it's just the http streaming of mp4 file, nothing else. QuickTime or VLC should handle it without problems.
adrenalinda

Would be awesome, it's just my first post, but I think placed well in this topic. Call it a vote for the petition
[ICQ]
PEBKAC

I agree that this would be a great additional product that i would also be willing to purchase.
Fome

This will never happen. Developing this app for PC is just inviting for it to get pirated. Of course, the App Store is not piracy proof, but it's still a far safer bet.
bobdobbs3@hotmail.com

Put me down for a million votes to have an OS X client.
JeremyP

Please create a client for windows. I love Air Video - it actually works whereas most of the other servers I have tried to stream video just clog up resources without working properly.

I don't in any case want a second server running to send videos to my other pc's - since even if the other server were efficient it still uses up a second lot of resources! I just want to be able to run the Air Video server and watch the videos wherever I need to.

I too would be happy to pay for this , and I imagine most users would too. J
Tipop

Fome wrote:This will never happen. Developing this app for PC is just inviting for it to get pirated. Of course, the App Store is not piracy proof, but it's still a far safer bet.

Um.. AirVideo for the iPhone was pirated long ago. In fact, just about anything that appears in the App Store has been pirated (even some free apps, oddly enough.)

I'll add my vote to this request: I'd like to see a Windows version of Air Video, and I'd like to see Air Video support audio files as well. I'm aware there are other apps available to stream audio from the desktop to the iPhone, but I'd rather not have two different apps for video and audio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/29/2010 18:28:18

AppleMobile

Same as everyone else above. It would be great to have a windows client and I would pay for it as well.
illy123

There is already a fair deal of UPnP clients:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPnP_AV_MediaServers

The orb server will also let you watch your videos remotely (orb.com)

However, I really like the interface that airvideo has produced and would love to use their UPnP client on windows.
heyDarren

I too would pay for a Windows Desktop client for Air Video or donate toward that development.
[WWW]
AllKnightAccess

+1
imageworx

I vote to have it... I did try Orb and it seems to have issues with playback and dropping frames. So it would be a
last resort

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/23/2010 16:51:17

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: