[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.2.4 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Admin

I'm pleased to announce that new Air Video Server version is available.

You can download it for Mac OS X Leopard and Microsoft Windows.

This is a quick bugfix release improving various issues present in previous release such as:

- Movie format not supported error on iPhone 3G when playing videos with framerate greater than 25fps
- Startup problem on OS X Leopard
- Error during playback of videos without audio stream

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/06/2010 23:17:33

avsuser

Great update - everything seems to work.

One request: it would be so helpful to be able to delete or rename files remotely from within Air Video.

Also, any chance we could get full-landscape support in the Air Video app so we don't have to repeatedly rotate the iPhone/iPod when watching a lot of short clips?
Admin

Hi,

landscape mode will be probably added in future. Not so sure about delete/rename files. It is intentional that only converted files can be deleted. So that you don't accidentally delete your videos (or someone else for that matter - using remote connection).
avsuser

Thanks for the quick reply. I suppose rename/delete wouldn't be a security problem if one could enable/disable the feature from within the Air Video Server settings window. As it is, I have to use a piece of paper and a pencil to note the clips I want to rename or delete when I get back to the server - it would be so much simpler to do it from within the app. Thanks for listening,
PoPPaP

I agree with the option to be able to delete original file since I always have to come back and delete the videos that I already watched later.
(I always use Air Video on the folder full of copies of videos waiting to be watched while the original videos is safely elsewhere)
sclark

hi

I was wondering did you fix the logging bug?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/29/2010 04:02:30

Admin

This release was out before the bug was discovered.
mattyduk

I'd like an option to send a message to the PC to shutdown. useful for when I'm watching a video in bed at night and don't want to use another Iphone app to shut the PC down.
sclark

Admin wrote:This release was out before the bug was discovered.

ohh ok
Loveairvid

hey guys i keep gwtting ffmpeg.exe had to close.... ane my video wont resume man i was always so happy with this app... i like the new features but part of me is befinning to say i wish they didnt faff with it because it was always so good uhhh :'(
Admin

Loveairvid wrote:hey guys i keep gwtting ffmpeg.exe had to close.... ane my video wont resume man i was always so happy with this app... i like the new features but part of me is befinning to say i wish they didnt faff with it because it was always so good uhhh :'(

Hi,

unfortunately the new live conversion pipeline wasn't really optional feature. However this is first time I hear about crashing ffmpeg. Can you please post here a live conversion log where the ffmpeg crashes? Thanks. Also, is this reproduceable with a smaller (say < 250MB) video?
Admin

There's a new sticky thread about the issues with upgrade and some explanations:

http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/554.page#3418
TooT

I find it very sad that the posibility to oneself set resolution och quality is gone from the client!
For many users this feature might be to advanced, but when running it on a older slow server or streaming on 3g ... id like to myself beeing able to find the best res/quality crossover .
Now, one is forced to setting the bandwidth only to adjust this.

PLEASE, please... include a advanced tab in the iphone client where to old setting for conversion, res. and quality feature can be found.
Otherwise , thanks for a truly great application!!
I find this essential , since one on the client side cannot choose which version to install . On the serverside , i can choose to use the version i find best thought... but not on the iphone...

Best regards,
TooT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/30/2010 09:39:36

papo2

Is it possible to display the title(s) of the file that is being stream'd?

I would like to look at the server application and be able to see the file(s) that is currently being stream'd. (or atleast be able to see it in the logs)

(I have tested and was able to stream 2 different files to two different iphone concurrently. perhaps you can display more than one title when this occurs.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2010 22:20:30

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: