[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
linux support?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Admin

Air Video needs special (customized) version of FFMpeg.
sofakng

What's customized about it? Would it be possible to patch the latest GIT version?
internaut19

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me.
I created a package for the Qnap NAS platform and one of the users reported that with russian file encoding in the Iphone App he doesn't see the name of the movie. This is what he's getting ФильмС, instead of Фильмы . When the server is started I add this parameter "java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 ... the rest" but doesn't work. Any ideas?
My second problem is how to get the AirVideo Server to save the SnapshotCache in other location other then the user home folder? The home folder of the user admin is located in /root and this folder gets cleared when the NAS is restarted. I don't want to add a new user for now, I'll consider this as a last option.

Thanks,
Cristian.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/09/2011 12:37:15

Moogle Stiltzkin

internaut19 wrote:Hello,

Maybe someone can help me.
I created a package for the Qnap NAS platform and one of the users reported that with russian file encoding in the Iphone App he doesn't see the name of the movie. This is what he's getting ФильмС, instead of Фильмы . When the server is started I add this parameter "java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 ... the rest" but doesn't work. Any ideas?
My second problem is how to get the AirVideo Server to save the SnapshotCache in other location other then the user home folder? The home folder of the user admin is located in /root and this folder gets cleared when the NAS is restarted. I don't want to add a new user for now, I'll consider this as a last option.

Thanks,
Cristian.

I would also like an answer to Internauts enquiry please.

We demand answers

Admin

you can try to set LC_CTYPE environment variable to UTF-8 before launching the server. There us currently no way of changing the location of snapshot cache.
wesselth

joakimsle wrote:

I have managed to install the server software on a Ubuntu 10.+ virtual machine.

Because of the virtual server usage I have created a mapping in my Virtual Machine to a SMB network share to access all my video files.

The SMB share can be mounted using the following command (in my case I'm mapping it with the video folder under my ubuntu account).

(everything between % should match with your setup)

sudo mount -t cifs //%smb_server_ip_or_name%/videos -o username=%username%,password=%password% /home/administrator/Videos/

* Be sure to reboot Ubuntu after this install procedure.
* All the command are run from a terminal/ command prompt (even the downloads)

1, Install WINE

sudo apt-get install wine

2 Download and Install Java for WinXP

wget http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=39494 -O java-winxp.exe

Installed on my user account with

wine ./java-winxp.exe

3, Downloaded & Install Bonjour

(found at http://support.apple.com/downloads/Bonjour_for_Windows)

wget http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL999/en_US/BonjourPSSetup.exe

Installed on my user account with

wine ./BonjourPSSetup.exe

4, Download & Install Air Video Server

Download latest Air Video Server (I downloaded 2.43)

wget http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/download/Setup243.exe

/> wine Setup243.exe

Now reboot your Ubuntu instance and check your video share mappings in the Air Video Server configuration.

After this you should be able to stream your video to your iDevices from Ubuntu!

/Joakim

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/30/2011 12:46:52

zzz99

Hi everyone!

Just want to give in my voice for a linux version, since I am using Mac BUT Synology NAS.

I have been seeking a PC-less AirVideo solution... I have a pretty good wireless network, N@5Ghz and a giga-nas. I have also bought ExPlayer($3), AirPlay($5) and Buzz player HD($4) that able to play directly from NAS but they are not that smooth... can't even handle a 500MB file.

I would rather pay for a AirVideo Linux server software, currently I have a Mac-mini JUST TO HOST the AirVideo for my iDevices..., isn't it crazy???

Admin is also right, the nas cpu&memory might not power enough to do the conversion on the fly, maybe I just should sell the nas and host the files with the Mac mini.

Admin wrote:Hi,

java is used only for part of the application. Still, Linux port is technically possible but due to very small user base it's not really feasible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/31/2011 01:34:51

camilaacolide

I'd like some help.
I compiled the custom ffmpeg 2.4.5-beta6, downloaded the AirVideoServerLinux alpha 6 and executed it.
The output is this:

There is no more output after these lines.
The test.properties file is this:

My ipad with the latest registered AirVideo app can connect to it.
But no movies show up at all.
None!

The macosx version displays all the movie files!
What am I doing wrong?
Help!

Edit:
I am running java 32-bits with ffmpeg 64-bits, in ubuntu 10.10 64-bit.

Edit 2:
Just tried with java 64-bits. Same result.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 06/03/2011 06:41:16

camilaacolide

internaut19 wrote:My second problem is how to get the AirVideo Server to save the SnapshotCache in other location other then the user home folder? The home folder of the user admin is located in /root and this folder gets cleared when the NAS is restarted. I don't want to add a new user for now, I'll consider this as a last option.

Create a symlink during startup!
ln -s [ANY_FOLDER] /root/.air-video-server
camilaacolide

Found my problem!!!
This line in my test.properties:

Should instead be:

That's it!
Everything is working perfectly now!!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/03/2011 06:40:15

camilaacolide

Ok, after using AirVideo Server Linux non-stop for more than a day, I can definitely say this program is awesome!

I have already watched a complete 12 episode season, and one movie, and it's been flawless!
I bought the full app version, and I really wanna thank you for all the support.
This program is one of the greatest apps I have, easily!

Please, continue the support for linux.
Thanks again!
CinemaSuicide

Hey all. Having a problem in Ubuntu Lucid when I start Air Video Server. In the terminal I run: airvideo-server and the terminal reports this:

It hangs here. I don't get a new prompt. It just sort of stops there and does nothing. I start the app on my ipad and no servers are listed. I can only assume that I've done something wrong. I added the PPA to my software sources, updated, installed airvideo-server and then execute it but nothing happens. Any ideas what's going on here?
camilaacolide

CinemaSuicide wrote:It hangs here. I don't get a new prompt. It just sort of stops there and does nothing. I start the app on my ipad and no servers are listed. I can only assume that I've done something wrong. I added the PPA to my software sources, updated, installed airvideo-server and then execute it but nothing happens. Any ideas what's going on here?

That's the normal behaviour: it really just hangs there.
It is waiting for a connection from the ipad.

In your ipad, click the + icon and select "Specify Address Manually".
In the "Location" field, you must enter the IP address of your computer.
Leave the "Port" field as it is.
CinemaSuicide

D'oh. Thanks. I was sort of expecting the app to detect the server automatically. Thanks. Works like a charm now.
BenJeffery

I ran apt-get upgrade a few days ago and yesterday noticed Airvideo no longer works. I'm running Debian Squeeze and used the following script to reinstall it just now, though I get an error on my iPod Touch when I try using it. I did submit the error report a few minutes ago.

Here's the script I used to install it about ten minutes ago:

The app worked excellently for months, though now it just doesn't seem to work... It just errors out when I tap on a video.

Is there a package available? I never know what works anymore...

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: