[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
linux support?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Gamblodar

I use a VPN tunnel, and only have one open port available. Unfortunately it is not 45631. I needed a custom port.

If you take the AirVideoServerLinux.jar and unzip it, it contains the java source code.

Using a hex editor, open the file Cli.class in the subdirectory /com/inmethod/air/video/ I tried using VI but it gave me errors, so I just used a hex editor.

Scroll down to address 7EE. There is the port, listed as 45631. I changed it to the port I needed. (33517)

I then rezipped the entire folder structure into a new zip file AirVideoServerLinux33517.jar and ran with the normal

AirVideo now listens on the custom port I specified, allowing me access through my VPN.

Hope this helps someone.

Peter
swallowtail

Gauge wrote:I'd just like to add a dirty great big +1 for some more Linux love for AVS.

After some fairly serious fiddling I've finally managed to get it working correctly on CentOS 5.5 and I'm here to tell you that by far the most difficult part of it was trying to get mpeg4ip compiled. Not only is this package dead as of 2007 and missing the most recent tarball, modern GCC compilers won't work with it unless gcc-c++ legacy libraries are also installed along with lib-tools, automake etc. It would be great to see a shift away from this package to something a little more recent.

Would love to know how you got mpeg4ip compiled on CentOS... I'm on 5.6.

I had no problems at all getting the ffmpeg and AirVideoServerLinux.jar bits running (my notes are at http://blog.simonandkate.net/20110612/air-video-and-streaming-video-to-ipad-and-iphone), that went really well, but for the life of me I cannot get mpeg4ip to compile. It gets through ./bootstrap, but a make fails with errors that I suspect are due to the GCC compilers issue that you mention.

Are you able to provide a tar of your mp4creator? Would be nice to get that last little bit of functionality working...

Having said that - this software rocks, love it. Was only too happy to pay for it. Well done and thank you!
GreYFoX

thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/15/2011 00:12:44

Gauge

swallowtail wrote:
Would love to know how you got mpeg4ip compiled on CentOS... I'm on 5.6.

I had no problems at all getting the ffmpeg and AirVideoServerLinux.jar bits running (my notes are at http://blog.simonandkate.net/20110612/air-video-and-streaming-video-to-ipad-and-iphone), that went really well, but for the life of me I cannot get mpeg4ip to compile. It gets through ./bootstrap, but a make fails with errors that I suspect are due to the GCC compilers issue that you mention.

Are you able to provide a tar of your mp4creator? Would be nice to get that last little bit of functionality working...

Having said that - this software rocks, love it. Was only too happy to pay for it. Well done and thank you!

As mpeg4ip is quite out of date now you'll need to install a legacy support package to get it compile correctly. I've just tested this on a clean, minimal CentOS 5.6 build with nothing except the 'base' and 'editors' software groups selected:

and as root:

It will take quite a while to complile and obviously complain about a nonexistent GUI, but it'll get there eventually and put your binaries in /usr/local/bin.

I can't remember where I downloaded the source code from, though, so here's a link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6662647/mpeg4ip-1.6.0.1.tar.gz

Good luck chaps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/25/2011 00:51:52

joeson789

I have been using airvideo for a couple of months now on ubuntu, but recently it started behaving a little strange. Some times when I connect to the server from my ipad, the thumbnails won't load and I get an error when trying to watch a video. Then, if I restart airvideo it might start working again. One time it completely stoped loading (even after restarting) so I reinstalled airvideo and it started loading again, but only for a short period. Most of the time, some of them would load and everything else just freezes and I can't watch them.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
vlurk

Finally, I was able to start AirVideoServer 2.4.3 under wine 1.3.24

First thing first, I tried EVERYTHING to make it work under wine64, and it just won't work. Bonjour Services v2.0.2 can be installed if you extract the msi (cabextract) and install using "wine msiexec /i Bonjour64.msi /qn" ... But dnssd.dll won't load. I double verified using regsvr32 and it doesn't work.

In my case, I just recompiled wine without win64 supports and reinstalled everything (flushed my ~/.wine folder). I installed Bonjour using the same method (.msi), but with Bonjour.msi, and everything is now running smoothly.

AirVideo client (iPad 2) found the server using Bonjour, and I am actually streaming a video with live conversion. (xvid, 672x36

So, if you have issues running AirVideoServer under wine, think about installing Bonjour using the msi package, and stop using wine with win64 support!

And thanks for the wonderfull product!
adyendrus

This program is great, I had the paid version as soon as I saw how much it dominated the competition. Thanks for introducing Linux support.

I've been trying to get this server to be installed and run on a Linux machine. My problem is that whenever I try to connect I get the error:

"Your server software is outdated. Please update AirVideoServer."

Now, before you jump at my throat for not knowing how to resolve this issue, let me explain that I read through pages 1-15 and 35-40 of this forum, and never found anyone having the same complaint, which almost scared me into not posting! I downloaded the file directly from the Admin's link on page 7, 8, or 9; the update that improved video quality on the iPad. However, my iPhone and iPad are running the latest versions of the app.

I was able to get EVERYTHING else working, even Bonjour. Is there a place that I can edit the server version, or remove the check for server version, or run the newest linux alpha release that would be compatible?

Thanks in advance.
windracer

Are you using beta6? You can get the latest server version for Linux here.
adyendrus

HA! I knew it was something really dumb. Page 1, of course! Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, this is a tidbit of information that I get back from my server. I don't have any directories specified yet as I simply wanted to get it working, but this is what's returned. Is this a Java error I'll have to rectify before I'll be able to live convert?

DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Exception during SnapshotCache initialization: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Trying to close index and data files
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Second Attempt of SnapshotCache initialization failed: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String2011-09-09 13:35:45.193::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-09-09 13:35:45.229::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2011-09-09 13:35:45.267::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
adyendrus

Ok, I've given up on that setup and I'm starting from scratch. Am I just supposed to follow http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/hardware/apple-iphone/airvideo-server-linux and substitute the latest version of the Alpha version in?
DodgeV83

For anyone having trouble, I followed the instructions as closely as possible (without using St├ęphane Marguet's PPA, as the libx264 file is no longer there) and I couldn't get alpha5 or alpha6 to work.

Fortunately alpha4 worked just fine
iwantlinuxsupport

Can anyone help me with setting up "Destination Folders" for converted files ?, it's probably a setting I should be able to set in test.properties - just don't know what it is. The only option I get on the app is "Current Folder", I'd like to keep all of the converted files in a separate folder for convenience.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/25/2011 01:02:45

Admin

Hi,

sorry this option is not yet available through property file.
iwantlinuxsupport

Admin wrote:Hi,

sorry this option is not yet available through property file.

That sucks, but appreciate the response.
ump001

hi,

Wondering if someone can help. I'm new to Air Video and Ubuntu Server, have gone through many of the forum pages and tried to setup Air Video via command line. But i just can get things to work, my linux command ability is not very good either but i'm getting there slowly.

If someone can help me set up Air Video from scratch , will all the relevant commands, that would be really appreciated.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: