[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
URL Resolver Error / Server is not reachable  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
joetakeshihatano

Will I ever get an answer for this!? They have not got back to me since the last message!!!
I feel like they're just ignoring this problem! I posted on other forum too!!
What a poor service! I paid for this app you know!!!!
Guess I'm going to have to give a low rating on app!!!
Admin

Hi,

this is a problem closely related to your network setup. Without having physical access to your network I can't tell you what exactly is wrong with this. There is only so much that can be done about this on a forum. Air Video (as well as any other similar software) requires that your local network connection works properly, router transmits packet between computers and there is no software (i.e. 3rd party firewall) interfering. If any of these condition isn't fulfilled the connection won't work.

If you think the problem is in Air Video itself there is an easy way to determine that.
Navigate to http://<your-computer-ip-address>:45631 on your computer and on your device Safari.

i.e. http://192.168.1.15:45631 if your computer IP address is 192.168.1.15

If you get the "Air Video" response in both cases but Air Video software still doesn't work it is bug in Air Video.
If you get timeout in either case there is something else wrong with your network setup.
Melocco

Hello. I am new to this thread, but I have been using airvideo for awhile but almost always on a local network. The remote always worked, but now I am out of town and would like to use it and it stopped working. I was able to use it this morning, but now it will not work. I logged in to my computer remotely and it is still working and by your test 192.168.1.14:15642 (custom port) it works fine (shows airvideo. I uninstalled airvideo off my ipad2 and reinstalled it and still the same issues. Could there be a problem with your server by chance? I got a friend to test his connection with his airvideo and his air server on his computer (across country) and he is having the same issue.
Admin

Hi,

You need to have remote access configured to get access over internet (this sometimes requires configuring port mapping on your router). Also you need to use Server PIN to pair the client app with server.
Melocco

Well, I don't know. But it's just funny mine and my friends both went out at the same exact time and both came back on at the same exact time and nether of us did anything except log in to each others computer and make sure it was running. Also airvideo didn't work but we both was able to open the web browser (here in the hotel across the country from the remote computer) and go to our ipaddress:openport of our remote computer and both seen Air Video wrote on the screen. But air video didn't work. No problem though.. It's working at the moment. I guess it's possible that both computers messed up at the same exact time and fixed them selves at the same exact time.. I'm not fussing, I just think its funny.. The way it happened, I just thought it might have something to do with the resolve pin number. Does it resolve the pin number through your servers or is it something in the software? I wonder if I can just put my ipaddress and open port in air video and just not use the pin? But thanks for your help and good software..

Edit:
I am testing this theory. I am going to use the pin and put the address in manually. If the pin doesn't work but the address one does, I'll let you know..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/29/2012 15:28:31

DemonLourde

air video has been doing same for me i just noticed today. nothing has changed on my end only can use over my network not remotely.over wifi i get normal pin resolved etc but over 3g i get either tracker service error or url resolver error server is not reachable. never had this ever happen except a few weeks ago when u had hardqware issues on your end so please tell me its you again because nothing changed on my end and i can't connect not remotely except over local wifi.. i been using air video about 3 yeaRs now and love it just wondering why this is 2nd time in 2 weeks your servers are messed up. also any eta on your end being fixed? thnx
DemonLourde

i also thought i'd state that on the win7 pc air video server remote when i do the test connection it says not accessable from internet but the status says ok so that means my router is forwarding things fine as always but the tracker service isn't resolving.i am imagining it is a hardware issue on your side but please let me and others know so we aren't pulling hair out trying to fix thnx.also i am in the u.s. if that matters for how you have things routing domains.thnx again for a superb product that i use every day
Melocco

I just had it happen again.. Funny thing.. I have both ip address and pin. Pin didn't work but the ip address works. I know it's harder to keep track of your ip address unless you have a static ip. But air video said unresolved URL when I use the pin and it worked just fine using the ip.. I guess that's my way of working.. I love airvideo. I hope they fix the issues and not tell people it's an issue on the customers end like they like to do.. But I do love the software..
Admin

Hi,

the scenario when direct pin would work but tracker service doesn't really shouldn't happen. If it does it is best to send email with description and remote support log to support (at) inmethod.com

One of the possibilities is that the timeout in Server PIN is too low. With server PIN Air Video tests whether the IP address is accessible first, and when there are some networking issues the response might not come fast enough, but that shouldn't really happen.
DemonLourde

direct pin works on wifi and also direct connect to local ip way .on pc side status says ok and in remote log shows actual ip and shows no errors only on 3g i get URL Resolver Error Server is not reachable
DemonLourde

so your saying there are no problems on your end and ppl can use air video remotely today? i am having exact same error msgs i got when your hardware broke 2 or 3 weeks ago and when u fixed it poof i can connect and any others who share my pin.i'd check into your resolver server.thnx
DemonLourde

tracker seems to be down.we apologize error i get so it has to be your end. thnx for having me spend an hour or 2 fixing what i can't fix because its your end but u said it wasn't lol.pretty funny
Melocco

That error I get once in a while.. But since I started with my ip, I don't get the errors. I really think its on their end some where. Cause as I stated before, I had mine and my friends both go out and come back at the same exact time. Him with his phone on his computer and my iPad with my computer in different states. But I am kind of use to it. Steve jobs said that there is nothing wrong with the iPhone, people was just holding it wrong. It's not their fault, it's ours. Everyone's computer that uses air server is talking and planning on when to mess up at the same time. The computers all just mess up at the sametime and go on a chat room and laugh at us..
Maxx

Hi, I really think I should let people know that I'm having the same resolver error since installing latest Windows security updates and it caused connection errors with other remote software for use with IPhone, IPad over cellular 3G network. I only hope that either an update on Microsoft side or software developers' side will fix these connection issues or maybe a step by step guide on how to overcome them will be posted soon for Windows 7 users. After all like someone said previously this error may only come from a known number of places...
Admin

Tracker service is not down and it hasn't been in a while. Are you still getting the error?

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: