[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
TV Out won't work with iOS Firmware 4.0  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
sanne

Streamtome 3.0 is working fine. We just have to wait it seems until air video is updated to deal with ios4.
Mcjake

It's called mirroring in the new ios 4 av foundation. Air video should be able to use the dock to send video to a tv. Apple has opened up the ios more to make it easier for developers to do more things. Here is some information that might help: http://www.expertisemobile.com/2010/06/24/presenting-your-apps-on-the-big-screen-screen-mirroring-for-ios/. Air vides just needs an update!
Admin

Mcjake wrote:It's called mirroring in the new ios 4 av foundation. Air video should be able to use the dock to send video to a tv. Apple has opened up the ios more to make it easier for developers to do more things. Here is some information that might help: http://www.expertisemobile.com/2010/06/24/presenting-your-apps-on-the-big-screen-screen-mirroring-for-ios/. Air vides just needs an update!

[UIScreen *] API is only supported on iPhone 4 and iPad.
Mcjake

Well it seems to work using the ipod feature on a 3gs. I have tried it and it worked. Here is a youtube video demonstrating the feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrHOEscMybc&feature=player_embedded
Admin

Yes, it works for builtin Apple apps. They don't have same restrictions as 3rd party apps.
Mikeeee

Could you do Air Video compatible with TVOut2 - "Mirror" TVOut from Cydia for JB iPhones? Thx

Nešlo by udělat Air Video kompatibilní s TVOut2.. z Cydie pro JB iPhony? Momentálně to nefunguje.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/14/2010 23:16:22

zozoka

Admin wrote:Hidden or secret, however with iOS 4 it's only enabled on iPhone 4 and iPad. (That's official Apple response we got so far).

Are you saying that streamtome uses some kind of forbidden code for TVOUT ?
I think not, so if streamtome TVOUT works on 3GS with ios4, i don't see why air video doesn't.
Sorry but i think the error is on your side.

Regards
Mcjake

Well, I had to see for myself if streamtome was able to take advantage of the Universal Dock Composite AV Cable. It does. I have a 3Gs running iOS 4. I refuse to believe that out of all the over 1500 new API's not one of them is an API that allows video to stream out of the Universal Dock. I love Air Video. I believe it to work better than streamtome. I would like to see it continue. By the way I found API's to allow apps to read the meta data from iTune files and to allow programs to play iTune files (possibly DRM files). Good luck, I look forward to an Air Video update. I'm sure you will do a great job!
zozoka

Agree.
If you read back on the posts, you will see that i agree air-video is much faster and works better than streamtome.
The only downside, that i lost te tvout functionality, wich i used frequently.

Regards
jchannon

So I get recommended this great app so I think ok, I'll try it.

First thing I do is install everything test it works locally, it does. So I plug in the composite cable to watch a movie on TV and then find it doesn't output to the TV.

Great.

Any idea on when this will be fixed.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/16/2010 21:42:14

IanFTN

The screen and LCD on my iPod are broken so the only thing I can actually use on my iPod is air video. I hope this gets resolved soon so that my iPod isn't completely useless.
pointwilliams

Great!!! Thanks for not mentioning this in the App Store promo, I would not have purchased this product if I had known it wouldn't work with a genuine Apple Accessory - surely you could have posted something to tell people it wouldn't work with iPHONE 4.0??? How do I get my money back?
Admin

It *does* work with iPhone 4. It currently doesn't work with iPhone 3G and 3GS upgraded to iOS 4. It should be fixed in next update.
bishop38

Just to clarify "update"

Yours or Apples?

I love you app and have recommended it to many people. I really want it to work the way it was and if I had of known that 4.0 was going to wreck it then I wouldnt have upgraded as its my number one app.

I hope its sooner rather than later.
Cordorb2

Ipad firmware 3.2.1 addressed a few Video out problems so did the iphone 4.0.1 update from yesterday help ?

(I have no iphone to test but I do have a newton )

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: