[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ISO Playback  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
stoof

Nope, sorry. Haven't tried it myself but it seems several people are happy with it.
Could be worth to try depending on if ISO support in Air Video is in the roadmap or not.
Admin

Guys, we are currently working on Air Video Server update that will have completely rewritten conversion pipeline that will be much more flexible and allow us to implement things like ISO support. It is a big task though and will take some time.
stoof

Great, i'll be happy to wait for it if it's being worked on. Thanks for responding.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/2012 22:20:25

kiyosi

stoof wrote:Nope, sorry. Haven't tried it myself but it seems several people are happy with it.
Could be worth to try depending on if ISO support in Air Video is in the roadmap or not.

Can I suggest that you buy it and trial it so I don't have to?
stoof

kiyosi wrote:
stoof wrote:Nope, sorry. Haven't tried it myself but it seems several people are happy with it.

Can I suggest that you buy it and trial it so I don't have to?

That seems like a great idea. But how about this. You buy it and trial it. Maybe even better.
kiyosi

You drive a hard bargain, but I might just do it...

kiyosi

I contacted video streamer support. Here's what they said about ISO playback...

Video Stream supports a large number of video file formats. These include:

mpg,avi, divx, xvid, wmv, mp4, m2v, m1v, ts, mpeg, mov, flv, mkv, ogg, iso, m4v, vob, asf, 3gp, dvr-ms, rm, rmvb, dvr-ms, wtv, m2ts, m2t, mpe

Video Stream does NOT support menu items in ISO's though. If you have a full DVD ISO including menus, you won't be able to select the movie. Your ISO must be only the main feature.

Hopefully this answers your question!
kiyosi

My curiosity got the better of me, so I tried this app...

It does handle ISO, but only as explained above, and there is an issue with the quality of the ISO playback...

I've tried all of the different conversion settings, but none seem to handle the conversion in the same manner as an .avi file I tried...

I'll give the makers of this app credit for taking the plunge with ISO support, but the quality of the video playback, and the fact that you need to re-author the DVD first to strip out all the menus leaves me wanting..

kiyosi

stoof wrote:I can give you one right now. Video Stream.

So..Back to my original statement...Good Luck in trying to find an app that supports ISO properly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2012 09:16:07

CoNS

.iso support would be brilliant.

Looking forward to the new server software, then.
Panama

Here's a thought.

I use the free version of PowerISO to mount ISO's to virtual drives. PowerISO has a command line interface: http://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/mount-iso-file-on-command-line.htm.

Scenario:
In Air Video I use Settings to identify the virtual drive letter to use. When I pick an ISO file on my remote device Air Video uses the PowerISO command line interface to mount the ISO and the virtual drive letter to access the files. From there it runs the main feature or some menu derived therefrom.

Command Line Interface Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO>PISO UNMOUNT F:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO>PISO MOUNT "D:\ISO\MyVideo.iso" F:

PowerISO Version 4.7 Copyright(C) 2004-2009 PowerISO Computing, Inc
Type piso -? for help

Mount successfully.

C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO>F:

F:\>dir
Volume in drive F is MyVideo
Volume Serial Number is 7294-DD0D

Directory of F:\

02/04/2009 02:42 PM <DIR> VIDEO_TS

C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO>PISO UNMOUNT F:
CoNS

But does Air Video support playback of DvDs in VIDEO_TS folders? (or maybe separate titlesets in .vob files?)
Admin

The vob files themselves will play as long as they aren't split in 1gb chunks.
kiyosi

Admin wrote:The vob files themselves will play as long as they aren't split in 1gb chunks.

This is an interesting point...

I've attempted to remove the DVD menus with DVD shrink and purely have a single VOB file, which is the movie file...

Using DVD shrink, I re-authored the DVD as you do, but allowed all of the Audio tracks and Subtitle tracks to be included into the single VOB file...

I've gone to play the file with air-video, and I'm only able to select the different audio tracks, but not the subtitle tracks. It's defaulted to the automatic setting.

Is there some way to select the subtitle track I want, or does air-video not support this?

I've been able to select different subtitle tracks on other files before. Don't ask me what file types they were though...
CoNS

Admin wrote:The vob files themselves will play as long as they aren't split in 1gb chunks.

Ok, that makes sense, although it would mean that the discussed ability to read directly into .iso files would be quite worthless, as they would normally always contain VOB files split in 1gb chunks.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: