[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Download files to iPhone for later viewing?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
HUan

I definitely support this feature, even if you guys rise a pro version with higher price.
This will way better useful for ppl take a plane or train on the travel
homeboytim

I was an avid Zumocast primarily because of its 'offline sync' option that let me store videos on my iPhone wirelessly for later viewing without needing to use up my 3g bandwidth. When I used Zumocast, I could choose any video and pick 'Stream with Live Conversion' or 'Download'. If I chose download, Zumocast would transcode an entire episode whilst simultaneously downloading it to my device in 5-7 minutes. Movies took 15 or 20. This is far, far easier than converting in Handbrake, plugging in our iPhone, and copying the video over. When Zumocast went kaput, I switched to Air Video because of the easy to use interface and high streaming quality.

However, I can't stress strongly enough that if StreamToMe, VideoStream or any other app gets the 'offline sync' feature before AirVideo does, I am gone. This feature exists in a 2 step form in VideoStream, but it rarely works at all for me. Having the option to save videos to our phones wirelessly through wifi before we leave the house, and watch them later offline is a game changer for those of use who take the train or commute, and are throttled by AT&T's 2gb/month data limit.

I agree with the other users here that you need to move this feature to the top of your to-do list. You will lose a lot of users when someone beats you to the punch. Myself included.

iwantlinuxsupport

+1,000,000
How can this not be on the top of your feature priority list ?
mickelin

VLCStreamer has this feature and matches Air Video in every aspect but usability and nice user interface. It even plays .iso! Please fix these two features!
djphatjive

homeboytim wrote:I was an avid Zumocast primarily because of its 'offline sync' option that let me store videos on my iPhone wirelessly for later viewing without needing to use up my 3g bandwidth. When I used Zumocast, I could choose any video and pick 'Stream with Live Conversion' or 'Download'. If I chose download, Zumocast would transcode an entire episode whilst simultaneously downloading it to my device in 5-7 minutes. Movies took 15 or 20. This is far, far easier than converting in Handbrake, plugging in our iPhone, and copying the video over. When Zumocast went kaput, I switched to Air Video because of the easy to use interface and high streaming quality.

However, I can't stress strongly enough that if StreamToMe, VideoStream or any other app gets the 'offline sync' feature before AirVideo does, I am gone. This feature exists in a 2 step form in VideoStream, but it rarely works at all for me. Having the option to save videos to our phones wirelessly through wifi before we leave the house, and watch them later offline is a game changer for those of use who take the train or commute, and are throttled by AT&T's 2gb/month data limit.

I agree with the other users here that you need to move this feature to the top of your to-do list. You will lose a lot of users when someone beats you to the punch. Myself included.

[/quote

They already have your money, what do they care?

Custom Built Quad-Core AMD 945, 4GB Ram, 1 TB combined HD space. Windows 7 Pro.
GreYFoX

I've found another app that does this already, i'm not here to advertise it, but if Air Video doesn't add this soon my friends will not buy Air Video instead they will buy the other Streamer, AirVideo is way better than that app in every way except that, caching movies shouldn't be hard for you admin
please do it asap, i have 3 freinds waiting for the iPhone 4s factory unlocked then they will be iUsers and they will buy
alyabk

guys, it is a great program that does so many things well, but unfortunately we live in an imperfect world with holes in its internet coverage. Hence lack of ability to cache is a big omission. Other apps on the App Store are offering this feature, any hope you may be offering some time soon as well?

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: