[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
the new Apple TV & AirPlay  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
lucdesaulniers

Clegg wrote:I used AirVideo with my iPad to stream video to my AppleTV 2. WOrks perfectly as long as it is .mp4 files if it is anything that needs to be live converted, it fails. Works brilliantly with SD and HD *.mp4 files though.

Ahhhh... I was trying with my iPhone 4.2. I will try with the iPad... To AirVideo Engineers: make it work also with the iPhone 4.

EDIT: just tried it with the iPad (after installing the newer update for AirVideo). My ATV2 is to the latest update also. Results is the same : I only get sound only no image. MP4 files. What is your set-up (iPad or AirVideo) that I might have overlook? Did you jailbreak your iPad?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/02/2010 22:40:47

gustovier

You have to jailbreak and then install airvideoenabler or all play... Go back and re-read this forum.

On another note will this new client that was just released break or improve the airplay functionality we get today with our jail broken devices(ie...mp4 playback)
PapZ

I've just gave this jailbreak+AirVideoEnabler tool a try on my 4.2.1 iPad. Sticking to Clegg's claim, even in my tests I'm able to stream m4v files flawlessly (I'm talking about 720p files), and even other apps, such as Sky TG 24 I was talking about some messages ago. In short, every app that uses the default player would do.
On the contrary, I hate to report the fact that on-the-fly converting doesn't work at all, resulting in some sort of Apple TV's "crash" that brings the user back to the main screen (it doesn't really freeze up or anything).
I don't know if whether AirVideo staff can or want to something to tweak the app to work with this jailbreak solution meanwhile we sit and wait for Apple to officially support third party apps; I guess it would be fair, and the creator showed some proclivities to the jailbreak community, by handing out to Erica Sadun a slightly customized AirVideo version, working with her jailbreak technique.

Any official word from AirVideo would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I ran this test on the previous version of the server component (in fact, I knew it was released just after I published this very post...) +1 to know if it does any good to our cause -- no time for tests, it's 1am here in Italy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2010 00:31:27

Clegg

Just tested the new version and its the same result. It seems to crash out the Apple TV Airplay session when doing live conversion.
gustovier

Does airplay still work for preconverted mp4/m4v files though? I don't want to loose that going to the updated version.
Clegg

Yeh works fine for preconverted files.
lucdesaulniers

Humm. Anyone can suggest which tools with reliable links to use to jailbreak my iTouch 4G - with iOS 4.2? I have tried the different solution, but I get the message wrong firmware. (Used pwtool)

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: