[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
iOS 4.2 beta - does not play Video  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
kaczurzsolt

Hello!

I have the latest Airvideo server on my Mac, and the latest Airvideo on my iPad.
iPad has a latest 4.2 GM firmware.
Unfortunatelly the TVOUT feature does not working! After i choose play the movie, the app is crashing and quit to the springboard.
The TVOUT cable is an official Apple component cable, and tvout working well with my iPhone 3GS (4.1 fw).

The TVOUT feature worked with iPad 4.2 beta2 but after the beta3 upgrade, i lost this core functionality and the 4.2 GM has same result.
I tried delete and download again the app, and tried a factory reset / restore, ...

Without TVOUT, the Airvideo working well.

If you wish i can post logs.
Anybody has any idea?
I don't think that just me has this problem.
jfosback

I'm a new user trying out Air Video Free, since it does exactly what I want. I'm looking forward to purchasing the product.

I just installed the 4.2 GM candidate (8C134) on my iPad and picked up Air Video Free this morning. I can see my server via Bonjour, see movie previews, and play with sound. I'm not seeing any video. I've also attempted adding the server directly via IP address.

I'm running Air Video Free 2.4.0 (just purchased this morning). I have Air Video Server 2.4.3 for OS X installed and working.

I've verified that my iPhone 4 running the 4.1 GM (8B117) can see the server just fine and play videos.

I've attempted to select and de-select the "Alternative Playback" switch in the preferences under "Workarounds". I've rebooted my iPad several times, ensuring a clean start after changing any settings.

I'm not sure what to make of it since others are claiming that 2.4.0 is working on the 4.2 GMC.

Thanks!

-jason
Admin

The problem here is that the update of Air Video Free has not yet been approved and thus it doesn't work with 4.2GM. The paid version should work though. I think the free update should be approved within a week or two.
Paul Saulnier

I am having the same problem with iOS 4.2 GM on my iPad. When trying to play a movie, the app just crashes to the SpringBoard. I am using the official Apple composite cable with the newest version of the paid app. Is anyone else having this problem or just me? I realize you're waiting for the free update to be approved, but you didn't mention the paid version.
jfosback

Admin wrote:The problem here is that the update of Air Video Free has not yet been approved and thus it doesn't work with 4.2GM. The paid version should work though. I think the free update should be approved within a week or two.

After using the free iPhone version, I felt comfortable enough to buy the app. I can now confirm that the paid version does indeed work on the iPad with 4.2 GM seed (8C134).

This app is fantastic, thanks a lot!

-jason

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2010 05:39:55

dafeather

Same problem here. iPad and final version of 4.2, and Air Video paid version. Normal playback works fine, playback to TV Out does not work, using Apples own component cables. Hope this is solvable.
Paul Saulnier

Can anyone else confirm or deny having the same problem? To summarize, here are my circumstances:

iOS 4.2 GM
Air Video for iPad, latest paid version
TV-out with official Apple composite cable
Air Video crashes to Springboard when attempting to play video
natebeaty

Paul Saulnier wrote:Can anyone else confirm or deny having the same problem? To summarize, here are my circumstances:

iOS 4.2 GM
Air Video for iPad, latest paid version
TV-out with official Apple composite cable
Air Video crashes to Springboard when attempting to play video

+1 here. same issue.

this silly $30 cable hasn't yet been of any use since i bought it a month ago, haha.
rowe27

Hi All

I am having same issue i am on the newest Airvideo server and app and have had itr for ages and was working well on my tv but now i have updated to 4.2.1 it just crashes out of app when plugged in to my Apple composite. This app is now useless to me as this was main reason i bought it.

I have tried it on my iphone 4, ipad and iphone 3gs and all CRASH

Can any one shed some light on what and why is going on

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/27/2010 12:24:29

cladmonitor

Hey all, just as an FYI for us Jailbreakers, there are 2 current AirPlay enablers for 3rd party apps both on Cydia under BigBoss's Repo called AllPlay and AirVideoEnabler. Both of which do NOT work with AirVideo.

My ATV2 sinplt gives a Error Triangle and "There was an error loading this content, Please try again later" I tested using AVI, MKV, MP4 and several different quality settings.

I have asked the makers of both tweaks to see if there is a work around but have yet to hear back.

On a side note ZumoCast is working fine.

Admin, any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric S.
Admin

I got the same error with Zumocast. What ususally helps once you get it is to press the "menu" button and once Apple TV gets to main menu start the streaming again.
cladmonitor

Admin,

Which one of the 2 tweaks are you using by chance?

Thanks,
Eric S
Admin

Also it might be necessary to chose "Start from beginning" when initiating playback (seeking doesn't work on Apple TV with live conversion anyway). When device gets to autolock, gets unlocked and resume playback Apple TV fires lot of requests to the server causing Air Video spawning ffmpeg processes. Killall -9 ffmepg might be necessary. At this point I'm unsure whether to even attempt to fix it serverside as it seems to be issue with Live HTTP streaming playback on Apple TV.
Admin

I tried AirVideo enabler.
cladmonitor

Admin,

been playing with it and maybe I dont understand when you say" start from beginning" for me this is out this works.

-open AirVideo
-Navigate to Specific Folder with content (MKV for instance)
-Start playback (no option to select AirPLay modes yet)
-Video Begins to play (select ATV from AirPlay Menu)
-Error invoked on ATV after 3 or 4 seconds.

I don't see a way to Select the Airplay Mode b4 playback?

Thanks,
Eric S

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: