[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
RemE

That's a good way to go, updating the thumbs that are in the visible window on the pad would be OK. Right now it's starting at the top and working down. If I zip way down the list, there are no thumbs and won't be for some time so it would be an improvement if they updated only where you currently were stopped.
ankursingla

Amazing is the only word that comes to mind. I am playing HD 1080p over 802.11n wifi transcoded by mac mini flawlessly. One question: please make the server side buffering programmable [of the original content] as this will make the slightly jittery connections to the NAS from my mac mini smoother.
gveres

Admin wrote:600 files in one folder? That can take quite a long. We want to optimize this in future updates (only load thumnails as they are needed).

That's a common thing for somebody who is using PVR software such as SageTV. I have pointed Air Video to my SageTV recording directory on my 1.5 TB drive and Air Video's UI shows 4 videos (sorry I haven't paid for it yet, I just found the app today) and says 985 more items. This is why I and others were asking for the Address book type browser that allows you to jump to by letter.

The other thing to consider is auto grouping - this is something the server could be doing - based on file name. PVR systems tend to have regular naming and all the episodes of shows are easily grouped.

BTW, this is the App that will sell me on an iPad! Great work.

Greg
RemE

Yup, I'm a Sage user. This is just one more app that makes the iPad the best "Grab and Plug-In to the World" appliance ever. Instant on, big screen, and fluid GUI are really like magic!
Admin

Well, I must admit having almost 1000 items in one folder might be bit too much for Air Video to handle. It's quite unexpected scenario. (doesn't mean invalid of course)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 22:55:30

Tom Kloskey

Air Video is my favorite iPad app, bar none.

But.

I’ve come up against a particularly nasty bug in the iPad version of Air Video, and it’s making me crazy.

This scenario has happened twice now: If I quit Air Video after watching videos and then launch it again, the app won't play anything. Although information continues to stream from the server (I can see this is happening by taking a look at the progress bar) the play button is unresponsive. Tapping play makes the control highlight and flicker between pause and play. But there’s no movement in the video, no sound, nothing.

I can restart the iPad to get Air Video to work again, and everything seems to be OK. But once I press the home button to quit the app -- bam! -- no playback the next time I start Air Video.

I’ve figured out the only way I can get play to come back and stay back is to connect the iPad to iTunes, sync to remove Air Video inside iTunes, disconnect, reboot rather than restart the iPad, reconnect to iTunes, and sync to reinstall Air Video. Deleting and reinstalling the app over WiFi doesn’t seem to work; I have to be connected via USB to iTunes. (And then, of course, I have to re-identify servers, resupply passwords, etc. And I’ve lost my place in the videos I’ve been watching. Ugh.)

I think what triggers the bug may be accidentally rotating the display during playback. Before Air Video crashed and burned for me the second time, I noticed that the iPad status bar (displaying WiFi strength, time, battery level) didn’t turn back with the rotating video and somehow stayed upside down at the bottom of the display.

Help. (Please include bookmarking files in your next version. I need it. And how about a “Recently Played” popup that remembers the last five or so videos you were watching?)
Admin

Last file should be bookmarked in next update. However the bug sound like a bug in iPad firmware, not Air Video. We can not affect the iPad media player in any way. Any weird behavior that persists between application launches is likely problem with fimware itself.
RemE

Is there any reason that one would want to run multiple instances of the AirVideo server on a PC?
Admin

RemE wrote:Is there any reason that one would want to run multiple instances of the AirVideo server on a PC?

Probably not.
Josh

One other issue Ive noticed is that when using bluetooth headphones everytime you scrub forward in the video it loses connection and un-pairs/re-pairs. Sometimes it doesnt pair back up and you have to exit the app and launch the prefs to reconnect.

Ive also tested this with StreamToMe and it works just fine. I prefer Air Video though so if you could look into it I would appreciate it because its extremely annoying.
y2guru

thank you for updating air video to work beautifully on the ipad!!!!!! thank you thank you!!!
wayner

I too am a SageTV user and I also find that Air Video has trouble with my TV folder as it has hundreds of video files. But it seems to work quite well streaming to my iPad although there are some times when the iPad client seems to become unresponsive.
wayner

RemE wrote:Yup, I'm a Sage user. This is just one more app that makes the iPad the best "Grab and Plug-In to the World" appliance ever. Instant on, big screen, and fluid GUI are really like magic!
I really like Air Video put a Sage Placeshifter app for the iPad would be pure nirvana.
distearth

Airvideo has locked my iPad up 3 times now, while streaming with live convert and converted files. Only way out is to reset the iPad by holding home and power button. Anyone else have this issue?
RemE

I've watched 2 full length movies without issue but I'm streaming Divx live convert at a low resolution. I also don't do much scrubbing or other taunts and teases. If I need to pause, I stop playing and then standby the pad. It's never messed up. The server side is a PC, quad core, and pretty much idling.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: