[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
thumbnail problem  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
jockyw2001

Starting with 2.2.5-beta2 my set top box file list (.ts and .trp files) shows many grey thumbnails instead of a correct thumbnail pic. There are good thumbnails but many are grey. I can systematically reproduce this. The video file playback is okay.

Older versions of Air Video server do not have this problem. I've compared the thumbnail logs of 2.2.5 beta1 and beta2 for such grey thumbnails and the logs are 100% identical, so it seems ffmpeg is not causing the problem. The question is what is causing this and can you please fix it?

Here is a thumbnail log entry created by 2.2.5-beta2:

Admin

It's caused by the fact that seeking in TS files often doesn't hit the keyframe. I'm not sure we can do anything about it though.
jockyw2001

Admin wrote:It's caused by the fact that seeking in TS files often doesn't hit the keyframe. I'm not sure we can do anything about it though.

Ah okay, so the new ffmpeg does behave different when demuxing .ts files. I also notice significant more artifacts in the first 100ms of playback with beta2.

Well not much we can do then except for .ts and .trp set -ss param to 1.0 or so.
Admin

Actually, the offset for TS files is already 0. So it's possible that the first frame of your TS file is not a keyframe. Maybe with 1 we could get better result but there's no guarantee.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2010 19:12:44

jockyw2001

Admin wrote:Actually, the offset for TS files is already 0. So it's possible that the first frame of your TS file is not a keyframe. Maybe with 1 we could get better result but there's no guarantee.

Yes with set top recordings that's a problem. I've analysed some of these grey thumbnail files and the first frame is not a key frame. I will experiment with higher -ss values.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: