[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AirVideo Keeps Playing During a Phone Call  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
macman104

Hi,

I am using airvideo on my iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1. When I am playing a video and get a phone call, the video pauses temporarily, but then once I pick up the phone call, the audio continues playing in the background. Is this a known issue?

Thanks for possibly the most useful app I have on my iPhone!

-Mac
Admin

Hi,

this looks like a glitch in iOS firmware. Does it happen constantly? Does it persist after you restart the device?
macman104

I will test it out tonight with a family member. Is this reproducible for anyone else besides me?

I guess I would be confused why it is an issue in iOS as other video/audio apps correctly pause when I get a phone call (pandora, youtube, hulu) to name a few.
macman104

Ok, I ran some test with a family member of mine.

Once the phone is ringing, you must wait roughly 7-9 seconds to pick up the phone, if you pick up the phone before the audio comes back in the audio does not come back, and playing resumes normally after the phone call is done.
The issue only seems to happen when playing with live conversion. If I use the same mp4 file and play directly and not through live conversion the issue doesn't happen at all, no matter how long I wait to pick up the phone.
If the audio is playing in the background, switching to speakerphone, silences the background audio. If you then turn off the speakerphone the audio comes back in and you can hear it again.

I have also confirmed this happening on an iPhone 4, iOS 6.0 (possibly 6.0.1)
macman104

Just popping in to see if there is any news on this? Have you been able to confirm this is a bug? As I indicated, it only happens with AirVideo, no other video/audio app experience this issue.

Thank you
Admin

I don't think there is anything we can do about this except to report this to Apple. Btw I had similar experience couple of times with audio playback during call with bluetooth handsfree, not sure how related it is, but ti does seem that iOS sometimes doesn't pause playback during call (not just video).

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: