[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
linux support?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
aiRVidEosS3879

Admin wrote:The truth is that only around half a percent of site visitors are running Linux. Given the inconsistent nature of Linux distributions, various packaging systems, etc. it would be much bigger effort to support Linux port than the OSX and Windows ports. I'm not saying that it will never happen but right now we allocate our resources to work on features that more people will benefit from.

The buffer is not adjustable. It's internal to the media player framework and Apple does not provide any way to tweak it. Also unless you're using 3GS, the memory conditions that Air Video is running in are quite constrained which doesn't leave much more space to bigger buffer.

i quite agree with this..

Are you looking for the best Houston Siding has seen at prices you can afford? How about one with a guarantee on price, material and even the labor?
hehewangbing

do you love me ? I like you~ Are you like dancing?

Runescape Gold
D3 Gold
Cheap Runescape Gold
E71

Admin wrote:The truth is that only around half a percent of site visitors are running Linux.

Never base your decision on the OS being used to browse your site.

A lot of people use Windows or Mac OS X to browse but have a dedicated 24/7 NAS or Fileserver running Linux and it's obviously that Linux-based system they want AVS for, not their desktop PCs.

-----------------

<personal opinion>
I don't think any flavor of Linux is that great for desktop use, mostly due to the lack of availability of popular third party software and hardware drivers but also because of its complexity (scares away the inexperienced). It's only good for running as a shell-based / GUI-less server OS and also for development. Most people use Windows, and to a lesser extent Mac OS X for all their desktop OS needs, like browsing your site.
</personal opinion>

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: