[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Best way to organize movies  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Numbersnumbers

So, long story short, I've just finished ripping my wife's dvd collection onto my AirVideo server. I'm wondering what the best or recomended way to organize the files is. When you get up around 700 movie files, it becomes rather cumbersome and difficult to find what you are looking for in a reasonable period of time. I could just throw the. In folders by genre, but some for some movies, it might be nice to have them in multiple genres etc. is there a tagging mechanism or folder structure or any other solution anyone can recommend?
tdoane78

I have my server organized by movies, television shows, and a converted folder. So my Movie directory would have 26 sub directories from A to Z. The Television directory is broken out by TV series with sub directories in each of those by Seasons. The Converted folder would not have any sub directories.

-Tim
sjk

My folder organization of movies and TV shows (excluding iTunes Store downloads under the iTunes Media hierarchy) is similar to tdoane78's, stored on different volumes. When there are extras for a movie I create a separate folder for them and the main feature. I don't use a conversion folder.

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: