[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
air video server on windows home server  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
pammimcgill

Hi there,
first of all really nice product still using free version till i can figure out everything. I have windows home server (WHS) which is on 24/7. i installed it on WHS and then set it up as a service. as long as I am logged on to server physically via remote desktop or with its own keyboard air video works fine on my phone but as soon as i log off and leave service on it just shows blank folder list on iphone. I am still able to access it but i dont know how to direct this service to my video folder list????
any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Admin

Hi,

I'm not sure how did you setup it as service. The problem is probably that when you are logged in you are logged in as different user. When Air Video Server runs as service it runs on different user account (thus the settings from the account you were logged in as do not apply).
Cyacene

I am also very interested in setting this up under a windows home server setup. If you make any progress with installing this as a service, please let us know!
Cyacene

Ah, got it. Heres how to do it.

Programs needed:
- Bonjour
- Air Video server for windows
- Windows server 2003 Installer Kit Tools
- Any Service Installer

1. Remote into your WHS and make sure Bonjour is installed (my Acer EasyStore already had it), if not, install it.
2. Install Air Video on the WHS and point it to a folder that contains some video
3. Install the server 2003 Toolkit
4. Run "any service installer".
5. You need to point the Any Service Installer to the "tools" folder where the 2003 toolkit installed to. (default is program files)
6. Point the program to install as a service to AirVideo (default is program files)
7. Name your service "AirVideo" Click "Create"
8. Right click "my computer" and select "manage"
9. Go into "services", right click the AirVideo service and go to properties. Select the "log On" tab at the top
10. Select "this account" and enter your credentials (these will be the same as what you used to remote into the WHS)
11. Hit Apply and your good to go!
JimKimmel

I also have an Acer EasyStore and was able to easily get AirVideo working both on my local network and remotely with these steps, so thanks for that!

However I have monitoring turned on and when I try to play something using Live Conversion, it works pretty well, but I get messages that the server has been running above 95% for more than 3 minutes. Would off-line conversion work better? How are you using this on the Easy Store?

Thanks!

Jim
sjk

Cyacene wrote:Programs needed:
- Air Video server for windows

Suggestion:

Make that a link to the Air Video Server Downloads page, which also has info about obtaining beta versions, instead to a direct, version-specific app download that'll eventually be out-of-date.

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
matthers

Admin
I posted before about getting this to run when not being physically logged on to the console. I am also running Windows Home server and even if you configure the service to run as the user you have set it up for, I thought you told me that it basically wasn't possible to run AirVideo server and make it work if you're not logged in. I have been meaning to convert it to be a service in the same way as I have done other exe's in the past anyway, but this won't get me any closer to getting this to work without someone logged into the console will it?

Thanks
Admin

It is possible to run Air Video Server as service (in theory), however there will not be user interface displayed so you won't be able to do any configuration. If you want to change anything then, you need to stop the service instance, log in and run it regularly (so that the GUI shows).
sammychu007

How can i use NAS server on air video server , i install air video prog at NAS, when i turned on computer, air video server can connect NAS files, but i turned off computer , air video server cant connect to NAS files, how can i solve this problem .......
Admin

Air Video Server can not be installed on a NAS.
sammychu007

Attn Admin,

This case is : i install air video prog into my server (NAS) , is work when i turned on the computer, but when i turned off the computer , air vdeo doest work and cant connect

i want to play at office ,

is there any suggestion or method ?
Admin

The NAS is running Windows? Are you sure that you are connecting to it and not the computer?
sammychu007

Should be computer, at the bottom of bar's air video icon must open , otherwise cant open at i-phone. Do you have any sugestion or method to slove, is there any
method to keep at the bottom of bar's air video icon open when i turned off the computer
Admin

There is no way to connect to your computer when its shut down.
beba

I have the same problem on the new 64bit WHS "Vail"

"as long as I am logged on to server physically via remote desktop or with its own keyboard air video works fine on my phone but as soon as i log off and leave service on it just shows blank folder list on iphone"

does anybody know what to do?

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: