[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
using Air Video via internet and it's potential risk..  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
mangoicetea

Hi~

I am new here and I don't know if this has been posted already but my question is, isn't allowing uPnP on router dangerous as it increases the potential risk for hackers to hack into your computers and etc..

I really like the app and I want to have access to it wherever I go but I am hesitant of this feature...

Can anyone please help me what should be the best way to go about allowing uPnP on my router so that I don't have to worry about others hacking into my computer?

Thank guys,
RivieraDude

I can't speak much to the hack-ability of Air Video enabled through uPnP (or pinholes) on your router. But there have been black hat postings about "many" home routers "themselves" being hack-able even without any uPnP enabled.

A padlock can always be cut off of your back yard gate, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't "still" put one there (particularly if you've got a pool back there). Security is never perfect.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: