[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Full ASS/SSA support.  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Phoenixxl

Come on guys , it's been years now ..

It's time for ASS/SSA to be fully supported .. This is essential for people who use your product to view anime , of which there are a LOT.

The most compatible way of doing it is through a secondary video overlay stream.
The main video stream containing the animation can be sent unchanged like what's happening now when h264 pass through is enabled.
The secondary stream , containing only the subtitles rendered on an alpha background can be overlaid on the video on the IOS device.
Tutorials about making video overlays on ios are available everywhere.

There are more than enough open source implementations to render ass/ssa as well.

You are still the number one implementation for playing video on ios devices.

Throw us a bone here , give us something substantial for 2013 , and if you aren't able to implement it , that's not a shame , with the money you made already you can afford to hire someone who can.

At this point I wouldn't mind it if you added this crucial upgrade and called it "Airvideo 2". I wouldn't mind paying a second time when it came to having decent subtitle support instead of what we're having now.

Friendly regards

Phoenixxl.
Admin

This really isn't that easy. The next Air Video version (currently being beta tested) will have full SSA support (including custom fonts), but only for transcoded streams. Overlay subtitles (that will work with passthrough) will have support for basic formatting only. The reason for this is that we need to support AirPlay to Apple TV as well, and there is no way to do custom overlays for Apple TV.
iqbal51

At this point I wouldn't mind it if you added this crucial upgrade and called it "Airvideo 2". I wouldn't mind paying a second time when it came to having decent subtitle support instead of what we're having now.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: