[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Communication Error - iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Arienne

Hi!

Sorry if this already got a topic, I tried searching for it but didn't find anything that matched.

I've been using AirVideo for almost a year now, and it has worked flawlessly. But now, all of a sudden, I've started to get error messages. After watching for maybe ten minutes, the iPad app says this:

Communication Error
Error occured while communicating with server:
Could not connect to server.

Then I have to go to the computer (iMac, OS X 10.8.4) and stop the AirVideo Server, and then start it again. Then after a while, the same thing happens again. I haven't changed any security settings, and my router (Airport Express) is the same one that I've used before.. Does anyone have an idea about what could be wrong, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, I've installed the latest version of the app (both on the iPad and on my computer), but it didn't solve the problem.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/16/2013 23:23:43

Admin

Do you have any 3rd party firewall or other security software installed on your iMac?
Arienne

No, nothing like that. The only change I can remember doing is doing an regular update of the computer. There might have been some updates affecting the security settings of iOS, I don't know. I don't even have the inbuilt firewall active now, but the problem is still there.
Admin

HAve you tried restarting the router?
Arienne

No, I didn't realize the router could have anything to do with it since nothing else that it's connected to has got any problems. Will try that, then

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: