[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Airvideo development abandoned?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Author Message
Malte



Joined: 04/09/2012 21:46:04
Messages: 11
Offline

Hi forum,

It has been one year since the latest release of the server-software, and the updates to the app itself has lately just been small fixes. has this app been abandoned or put on hold?
Maybe Airvideo is not as successful and popular as one might think? I tried to find some statistics for the app but i don't know if that is even possible.
If the author/s doesn't want to continue develop the app maybe it can be sold to another company to save the app?

I personally use Airvideo almost daily and sure, it works pretty good. But i as a paying customer i want more frequent updates and fixes to the product.
There has been tiny bits of information about the big 3.0 in forums, and that release is supposed to be all new and changed.. is it this that kills the development of 2.4.x? Did they aim to high with 3.0?

Also, for the future i want to suggest the developers of this app to have some kind of information channel to the customers. It would be much appreciated and would take away some frustration.


Update: Found some stats on http://xyo.net/ , Air video has been bought and downloaded 473000 times. that would be 1 414 270USD. Don't know if thats correct, but it sure sounds like alot of cash to help development!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/2013 14:49:11

sjk



Joined: 12/25/2009 02:24:48
Messages: 189
Location: Eugene
Offline

Malte wrote:has this app been abandoned or put on hold?

No.

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

Hi,

Air Video development has not been abandoned or put on hold. We are currently in the middle of (semi) public beta testing of the new Air Video (unfortunately we are out of devices that we can register so we can't accept any new requests). New beta release was actually planned for today, but Apple developer portal is still not accessible so it'll have to wait.

I hope we didn't aim too high The new version is feature complete for initial release, we're fixing bugs at this point.
Malte



Joined: 04/09/2012 21:46:04
Messages: 11
Offline

Admin wrote:Hi,

Air Video development has not been abandoned or put on hold. We are currently in the middle of (semi) public beta testing of the new Air Video (unfortunately we are out of devices that we can register so we can't accept any new requests). New beta release was actually planned for today, but Apple developer portal is still not accessible so it'll have to wait.

I hope we didn't aim too high The new version is feature complete for initial release, we're fixing bugs at this point.


Thank you for the answer! Im glad to hear that there is in fact development going on, really looking forward to see what you guys will bring us.
I have some experience in being the developer of a product that customers are waiting for and have expectations on, and i know how you rather not give out promises with progress and such.
But this kind of small info you gave me now today is really satisfying to get as a customer, a little insight and sign of life.

Thanks for a great product!
iqbal51



Joined: 08/02/2011 20:32:21
Messages: 20
Offline

Thank you for the answer! Im glad to hear that there is in fact development going on, really looking forward to see what you guys will bring us.
I have some experience in being the developer of a product that customers are waiting for and have expectations on, and i know how you rather not give out promises with progress and such.
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

We're hoping to announce the new version later this week (depending on how the approval process goes)
richard1988



Joined: 02/26/2013 17:21:18
Messages: 2
Offline

Admin wrote:We're hoping to announce the new version later this week (depending on how the approval process goes)


And how does the approval proces goes? Am really curious to the nee airvideo, will try it when it's out.
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

richard1988 wrote:
Admin wrote:We're hoping to announce the new version later this week (depending on how the approval process goes)


And how does the approval proces goes? Am really curious to the nee airvideo, will try it when it's out.

That we don't know of course By my very optimistic estimate it could be available tonight or tomorrow.
richard1988



Joined: 02/26/2013 17:21:18
Messages: 2
Offline

Admin wrote:
richard1988 wrote:
Admin wrote:We're hoping to announce the new version later this week (depending on how the approval process goes)


And how does the approval proces goes? Am really curious to the nee airvideo, will try it when it's out.

That we don't know of course By my very optimistic estimate it could be available tonight or tomorrow.


Oh right yes, sorry hehe.

Hope to see it soon, can't wait!
 
Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team