[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
control buffer size  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
brianapp

Would it be possible to add a preference to control or increase the buffer size? When playing converted files I often get stops and pauses. It would also be helpful to have an option to temporarily download the entire file. This would allow me to seamlessly move over the entire timeline that buffering alone would not allow.

I know there is an option to drop the bit rate to get around this but I have dropped the bit rate as much as I would like to and I still have stops. I would like to be able to use the highest bit rate and as you know this is a problem with even the best streaming connection.

The best combination of these ideas would be an option to allow background downloading of the entire file when selected. Then you could do some streaming right away but eventually the entire file would be there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/25/2013 16:26:53

Admin

Hi,

download feature is coming. However there is no way for us to adjust the buffer size. We are bound to use certain APIs for playback and there is no way to tweak buffering.
brianapp

Any idea of when full downloading will be available?

I see an HD version is available. Will paid users of this version have to pay again for the HD version? If so I should not have bought this version in the first place. That would kind of punish original users for buying it earlier.
Admin

Hi,

we couldn't have published Air Video HD as regular update to Air Video, you can read about the reasons here:

http://inmethod.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/112672-air-video-hd-vs-air-video

Unfortunately there is no way in AppStore to do discounted or free updates from one app to another. Apple doesn't have any mechanism that would let us do that.
iqbal51

Way in appreciator to do discounted or free updates from one to another.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: