[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Buffering with Higher Bitrates  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
mike5757

I noticed in the live conversion bitrate selection menu that the 5 Mb/s option states there might be buffering issues. It seems this issue also applies to videos that don't need to be converted, yet have higher bitrates over 5 Mb/s. This means I have to use live conversion to avoid lots of stopping and stuttering, which is unfortunate since the quality goes down.

Is this a limitation of the APIs for streaming video to an iOS device, or might this possibly be improved in a future update of the Air Video server or client?

P.S. Thanks to everyone involved on making this awesome app.
Admin

If you get buffering with high bitrates it could be a network throughput problem. Live conversion log would help.
mike5757

I don't think my computer can do live conversion at 5 Mb/s, but the constant buffering remains when I select "Play" to watch the video without re-encoding. My iPad consistently gets over 10 Mb/s download, and the video is being streamed from a wired computer.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: