[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
RESOLVED: Constantly need restart Air video  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Venomouse

Hi all,

Up until recently I have been able to use Air Video perfectly and its a fantastic program.

I got some new pc gear and have reinstalled the OS (windows 7 64bit) from scratch.

Installed latest Air video and everything works....that is until a few hours later when I go to connect and stream again.

The only fix is to stop the server and start again, then all is well. (I never used to have to do this)

I had a look for error logs but nothing coming up for the app. Thought it may have been Bonjour but I tried to restart the service last time this happened to see if it fixes it...it didnt

So I have narrowed it down to the application / something else causing the issues....

( I even uninstalled / re installed c+++ Redistributable (all versions) and Java to no avail.)

any other suggestions?
Cheers
V

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/01/2013 09:28:35

Admin

Do you have any 3rd party firewall or other security software installed?
Venomouse

Just the standard windows which has the exception for the app. Disabled all other. Ie peer block and avg (which always allowed it before). Trying with port specified and open in router to see if that sorts it (again it did work without doing this for the last year)

Cheers
V
Venomouse

Issue persists
Admin

Do you get same behavior when you connect using server pin? Also have you tried restarting the router?
Venomouse

Using pin seems to be ok

Restarted router etc same issue

(I assume using pin uses Internet bandwidth vs local wifi, is this correct?)
Admin

It doesn't use internet bandwidth when the computer is on local network. It is just a different method of discovery in that case.
Venomouse

Great ill continue monitoring and update with results

Thank you
Venomouse

random, unexpected but working using pin method, hasn't disconnected since..
cheers

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: