[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ISO Playback  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
kiyosi

I'm rethinking this whole thing now...

I'm assuming that I will be able to select the subtitles I want (forced) if the ISO container support becomes available???

Getting the forced subpictures to work without having to find the right .srt file has always been a thorn in my side, yet over the years, no real progress has been made in this department.

Please add this support if possible...
Admin

Iso support should have full vob subtitle support.
kiyosi

I think I've tried all of the apps available that have attempted to support ISO. If you all pull this off, it would make you the leaders in the field in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result
kiyosi

kiyosi wrote:I think I've tried all of the apps available that have attempted to support ISO. If you all pull this off, it would make you the leaders in the field in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result

I'm not sure if I've asked this yet, and I'm not trying to be pushy, but can we please get some idea how long it will be before ISO support becomes available?

3 months??

6 months??

12 months??

Tomorrow?

Any idea? Hard to say?
Admin

There really is no date set yet. I hope for the 3 months ballpark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/16/2012 11:17:30

kiyosi

Excellent!!! Can't wait for this...appreciate the ballpark timeline.

I'll leave you alone now...
Panama

--- But does Air Video support playback of DvDs in VIDEO_TS folders? (or maybe separate titlesets in .vob files?) ---

If your server has a media library dirctory containing folders that contain VIDEO_TS directories you can drill down to the VIDEO_TS directory on your mobile device and play the .VOB files.

The file listing shows enough information about the files to deduce which one to play first.

There is a setting in options to autoplay the next file. Set option to sort by Name, Ascending, autoplay next file.

kiyosi

Being able to play VOB files is a good temporary solution, but IMO, it's only a feasible option if we can select the subpicture (Subtitle) we want along the way...

Is it possible to whip up some code so we can select the subpicture track in a VOB file, or is this feature being bundled with the ISO support initiative?
Admin

DVD subpicture will come alongside with iso support (bit sooner embedded in matroska)
kiyosi

Sweet

I remember reading about Matroska ages ago, but thought it would never happen...I guess the future is catching up with the present.

Once again....Sweet

Matroska

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/28/2012 11:51:37

CoNS

@Admin: Are you going for a full DVD playback of the content of the .iso files (with DVD menus etc.)?

I assume it could be a quickfix to go for a "simple" playback possibility instead, where Air Video Server would go straight to playing the largest .VOB titleset inside the .iso file (still with selectable audio and subtitle streams). I.e. starting playback of an .iso file would mean that you would go straight to the main movie (no menus). This would work well with movies, but obviously not with DVDs with TV episodes etc. where each episode is located in a separate titleset of around the same size.

Obviously I would ideally prefer the golden solution of full DVD playback with menus etc. but I could certainly live with the above quickfix! Implementing it would "only" require the ability for Air Video Server to read the content of an .iso file and make the selection of the titleset to play based on the size of the .vob files, so in theory it should be rather quick to implement.
kiyosi

I tried another app the other day...AVPlayerHD

I tried this app because it claimed that it could read the bitmap style subtitles in a VOB file...

it can do it, but the app couldn't play the video file itself very well though, and it's not set up for wireless streaming.

Instead, you need to to set up a FTP wireless transfer setting that will allow your files to be transferred wirelessly to the IOS device hard drive space, then play the video file back once it's transferred.

A very convuluded process, but the point of this is that I could select the subtitle stream I wanted in the VOB file which excited me a bit and made me realise that it's going to be pretty sweet when air video release this feature, along with the general ISO playback functions.
kiyosi

Hi, just checking in to keep awareness and eager anticipation of this feature...

kiyosi

Hi,

For information purposes, I wanted to let you know where the app 'My Movies' is up to with all of this...

For those who don't know, the 'My Movies' app is a DVD library management app, and up until recently, only managed libraries, and didn't handle streamig to IOS devices.

While they're DVD library management tool is immaculate with rich and colourful DVD metadata from IMDB, they're only just starting out with the video streaming, and I beleive, based on the link below, they have a while to go before they catch up with the likes of air-video.

http://kb.mymovies.dk/KnowledgebaseArticle50075.aspx

I only mention this because with their DVD library, and air-videos know how of streaming, why can't they get together and collaborate to make an awesome app that's eye pleasing and fully DVD functional?

I'm sure there are proprietorship issues and red tape, but it would be really nice.

I would donate to such a cause...
kiyosi

Hi,

Just wondering how this is going?

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: