[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
iOS 4.2 beta - does not play Video  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

There is no way to select AirPlay before playback started. This is what I do:

iPhone 4 - 4.2.1 tethered jailbreak
Make sure Apple TV is in menu (doesn't show any error message)
Find the file in Air Video
Start Playback (with live conversion)
Select Apple TV from Air Play menu
Apple TV starts buffering (spinner), playback starts after few seconds

Tested with latest Air Video from AppStore, AirVideo Enabler from cydia (haven't tried or installed the other thing)

If you still can't get it running you can try to restart the device. Also I have not tested this on iPad.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/28/2010 00:13:03

cladmonitor

Admin,

The only uncommon denominator is the iPad. I don't have the opportunity to select airplay b4 the video comes up on my device. Selecting Video Airplay to the ATV after the fact is like you said possibly causing the re-sync hammering with the server. In regards to tweaking the server app to work around this effect, I know I would sure love to use my ATV with your app on my iPad. Hopefully some work around comes out to address this because Zumocasts quality issues and Video Servers custom media player make you the only promising way to stream non-itunes content to the ATV.

Maybe an untethered JB will hit the net here in a few days so I can test this out with my iPhone 4 (cant risk rebooting loosing all my JB features).

Thanks for your time, always nice to see developers give-a-damn,
Eric S.
Admin

Hi,

hopefully I'll get to play with the iPad tomorrow, I'm really curious why this wouldn't work on iPad if it does work on iPhone.
briangorbett

i can confirm that this does not work with the ipad. both AirVideoEnabler and AllPlay from cydia do not allow me to stream to ATV with Air Video. I get the spinning buffer for a few seconds and then just quits trying. i have not tried with my iphone 4 since i really do not want to jailbreak it.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: