[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
distearth

distearth wrote:Airvideo has locked my iPad up 3 times now, while streaming with live convert and converted files. Only way out is to reset the iPad by holding home and power button. Anyone else have this issue?

4 times...
OSX Airvideo Server
tehviking

I still hold this up to be the most amazing iPad application to date... really like living in the future.

I do have one thing that irritates me, and there may be an easy fix. I get subtitles by default on all movies. And I can't change the setting before watching the movie, I have to hit "play with live conversion", "stop", change subtitles to "Disabled", and hit "play with live conversion" again.

Is there a way to make "Disabled" the default setting?
Admin

tehviking wrote:I still hold this up to be the most amazing iPad application to date... really like living in the future.

I do have one thing that irritates me, and there may be an easy fix. I get subtitles by default on all movies. And I can't change the setting before watching the movie, I have to hit "play with live conversion", "stop", change subtitles to "Disabled", and hit "play with live conversion" again.

Is there a way to make "Disabled" the default setting?

In Air Video Server properties subtitle Tab make sure all languages are set to "None" and "Disable embedded subtitles if no language matches" is checked.
Admin

distearth wrote:
distearth wrote:Airvideo has locked my iPad up 3 times now, while streaming with live convert and converted files. Only way out is to reset the iPad by holding home and power button. Anyone else have this issue?

4 times...
OSX Airvideo Server

That would be a bug in iPhone media player component (which as far as Air Video is concerned is pretty much a black box). We'll try to reproduce the problem and possibly report it to Apple so that they can fix it in next firmware update. Can you try to not mix "Play" and "Play with live conversion"? (i.e. play everything with live conversion). Does it still locks?
pks627

I, too, love this app. Streaming video was one application that I was hoping to get when I purchased my iPad. I was hoping that Apple could provide the functionality (ala AppleTV), but Air Video is a great alternative.

I do seem to be having issues with my 'Movies' folder (created an maintained by iTunes) since it has a large number of videos in it. Takes a very long time to load and often times out. I have another folder with fewer items which Air Video has no trouble with.
kogyaru

Does Air Video support subtitles in MP4 containers?

More specifically, the iPhone and likely the iPad will play back subtitles in MP4 files with suffix .m4v and a 3GPP timed-text track (with type 'sbtl') set to lang=en.

Timed-text tracks are different from SRT-format soft subs. The format is simply different.

What I'm hoping for is that Air Video will act like iPhone/iPod's native movie player and display the timed-text subs.

I don't want to have to re-mux everything from MP4 to MKV for compatibility with Air Video...

TIA!

for more info: http://blog.jharding.org/2008/11/subtitles-on-appletv-and-iphone.html
Admin

It should support them when playing directly (using play). If the subtitles don't show up it's an issue with iPhone Media Player.
RetroElectro

Hi,
Nice app. I bought the version for ipad. I've been doing realtime transcoding on my windows quad core HTPC to dlna clients for a while, but was surprised that I was able to do things with your app that doesn't work on an xbox 360 client. One was having the ability to choose between internal subtitles or external .srt files. More surprising was that both methods worked. But the killer function was being able to fast-forward and rewind without confusing the client. And it also remembers the last position of the file on exit. Very impressive.

I did notice that if I directly play (no transcoding) an apple 1080p quicktime trailer, it plays for a few seconds and then crashes. Not sure if this is a limitation of the ipad though.

One request I do have is if you can make the landscape view counter clockwise instead of clockwise. The way it displays now, my hand blocks the speaker when I hold the ipad. Thanks.
Admin

1080p playback without live conversion is not supported by iPad media player.
Air Video should work in both landscape orientations.
RbtClrk

First off...this is by far my favorite ipad app. It's great! Thank you.

Wondering about sequential playback..I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a setting for this.

On my iphone, when using live convert, the videos play one after another without any intervention on my part (in fact, I don't know how to stop this behavior without exiting the app).

On the ipad, when using live convert, only one video plays and then stops. Is there a way to make it continue on to the next video automatically? Is there a setting for this on both the iphone and ipad?

Thanks for your help?

user54

We have 4 iPads in our house and AirVideo is the most popular app in all 4 of them. Great App, Great Support. Nice job guys. I need to put some parental control on the R rated movies. Is there a chance you guys can add Folder Specific Password to the server? I know there is a server password, but a folder password is really needed in families with Kids who have iPads and aren't suppose to be watching R rated movies. TIA
Admin

RbtClrk wrote:First off...this is by far my favorite ipad app. It's great! Thank you.

Wondering about sequential playback..I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a setting for this.

On my iphone, when using live convert, the videos play one after another without any intervention on my part (in fact, I don't know how to stop this behavior without exiting the app).

On the ipad, when using live convert, only one video plays and then stops. Is there a way to make it continue on to the next video automatically? Is there a setting for this on both the iphone and ipad?

Thanks for your help?

There's no setting yet. We'll probably fix this this in one of the following updates.
Admin

user54 wrote:We have 4 iPads in our house and AirVideo is the most popular app in all 4 of them. Great App, Great Support. Nice job guys. I need to put some parental control on the R rated movies. Is there a chance you guys can add Folder Specific Password to the server? I know there is a server password, but a folder password is really needed in families with Kids who have iPads and aren't suppose to be watching R rated movies. TIA

Sorry, there's currently no way to password protect a folder.
RetroElectro

Admin wrote:1080p playback without live conversion is not supported by iPad media player.
Air Video should work in both landscape orientations.

You're right. It stayed in one position when I tried this over the weekend but now it works. Thanks.
kapnkool

I noticed that my low-end dual core CPU struggled to play 720P MKV files- a lot of choppiness. However, it breezed through Divx files with no hiccups. Would an upgrade to an i7 930 CPU fix the stuttering problem of playing hi-def mkv files? Also, would I need to upgrade my video card? It's a geforce 7000 series. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I absolutely love the product.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2010 05:14:42

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: