[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ISO Playback  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
kiyosi

This seems to have died in a big way....Are there any plans to continue with this or has it in fact died in the grass?
kiyosi

Hi,

Just checking in again to see if there's any word at all on ISO playback support...are there still plans?
arnoutvanloon

For the record..

I´m dying to play iso files for numerous reasons, so please include this features in the near future, please.....

-->I use the audio and subtitle tracks and there´s no default language in which i can convert all my movies. I prefer english, whereas my children use dutch.
-->If I buy a DVD, I don´t want a pile of cases near the TV, so I import it digitally as ISO.
-->From there I don´t want to spent eveng after evening finding the right vob and convert it in the rigth format in time consuming multiple steps.
-->I want one file per DVD/movie
-->I don´t want tyo mount iso files individually
-->Disk space is allways limited, so keeping track of all movies being converted and needing extra space that i don´t have is a problem.

Boxee understands this perfectly, they have what I want, but no airplay.
Unfortunately Boxee doesn´t work on my appletv3, lets wait for the jailbreak

All I´m asking is some simplicity. I RIP the DVD want to play it instantly.

I can´t be the only one (besides Kiyosi)

By the way, AirVideo is great for all other files, thanks!!!
Thanks Kiyosi for your lobby so far!!!!!
sjk

Surely InMethod is well aware of the desire for ISO playback, for reasons that seem obvious to me, and has previously stated that it'll eventually be supported (unlikely before v3).

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
heth

My entire collection is ISO, so i'm really looking forward to it.
kiyosi

Hi, not even an update from the admin team? What's happening with this?
CoNS

I just bought the app. IMHO it's the best app out there for Airplay of video files which are not directly supported by Apple.

@Admin: Please do continue to develop the "pass through" loss-less feature as an alternative to live conversion. Please see if you can add subtitle support to this feature - that would be much appreciated.

Also, the ISO playback is much needed. As mentioned earlier, you could implement a rather simple version of ISO playback, where you do not show the menu etc. but just read the ISO and go straight to the main movie (= the title with the longest duration). All is needed is then a possibility to switch between subtitle and audio tracks for that title.

Thank you very much in advance and keep up the good work

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: