[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
New version wont work with folders with many files  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
flixxx13

here ya go

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/21/2010 21:33:56

Admin

Thanks! This points exactly to the bug I was hoping to fix in beta3. Now can you please double check that you are indeed running beta3 (and that there are no other instances of Air video Server running)? In the meanwhile I'll try to find out why the fix doesn't help.
flixxx13

definitely beta 3 and no other version running... rebooted after swapping in beta 3 to be sure.
Admin

Okay, looks like this will take more iterations. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem locally so pushing changes and getting your feedback seems to be the only way to test it. So I really appreciate it.

I don't want to be building new beta version for every change, so this will only replace part of the server. If you can please try the following

1. Quit Air Video Server

2. In terminal copy and paste the following command

curl http://inmethod.com/tmp/AirVideoServer.jar > /Applications/Air\ Video\ Server.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoServer.jar

3. Start Air Video Server

this assumes that Air Video Server is installed in /Applications. It won't work otherwise.

Let me know if it makes any difference. Thanks.
flixxx13

Looks good so far! I was able to scroll through the entire folder without any lockups and thumbnails were loading pretty quickly. Clicked on a video and it behaved as expected. I'll be unavailable for the next few hours but I'll play around with this some more tonight. Great work and thanks for the quick turnaround on this issue! I'll post again later after I've had more time with it.
Admin

Thanks.
bweb79

I’m a little behind, but I was experiencing some of the same problems and the beta 3 build with the terminal change seems to have fixed all my issues. Beta 1 did not help at all.

My problem was with thumbnails not showing up. They were all black boxes. I also had many invalid videos that would not play. Each time I cleared the cache thumbnails, a different video would become invalid. None of the thumbnails were showing up.

I was not experiencing the problem with the large folders. Most of my folders are grouped into TV shows and episodes, so most folders only had 12-20 videos per folder. I did have a movie folder with over 300 videos in it, but all the thumbnails were black also. Didn’t see the crashing problem.

I’m running the server on a MacBook Pro with 10.6.4. All the videos are on my Time Capsule and are connected via AFP. I’m watching the videos on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1.

Looks like you may have found the issue. Thanks for making this great app. I’m a huge fan of Plex on the Mac, but there iPhone app sucks real bad when streaming. Air Video is much better.
flixxx13

As far as I can tell, all the issues I had with 2.4.2 and the 2.4.3 betas seem to be resolved by the latest fix. Thanks again to the Admin who figured this out!
Jazzy Jazzy

after installation of 2.4.3 the first test shows that air video server now seems to be ok.

Thank you very much.

Best

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: