[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
dhop90

Fixed download site. Created new version 2.0(175), There is a new Interface and additional features, as well as some bug fixes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6713110/MacAirVideoClient/Site/Home.html
eQUIV

+1

Windows client please! Came here specifically looking for this.
ysmirn01

+1. Would love to see AirVideo for desktop with conversion, instant streaming and sharing though multiple computers.
+100 for Mac Version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/26/2010 04:00:42

johnnytk36

dhop90 wrote:Fixed download site. Created new version 2.0(175), There is a new Interface and additional features, as well as some bug fixes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6713110/MacAirVideoClient/Site/Home.html

Really cool. I just used it to watch some video from work that resides on my home server.

I won't ask for any features, as I'm sure you are going to try and match the iPhone/iPad version in features in coming releases.

I'll let you know of any bugs i find.
kaysindre

I would really like this program as well. Would be willing to make an in app puchase even
eQUIV

Agreed, I would gladly pay for a windows viewer. I know it takes time and money to develop these programs.
tenya

Obviously "airvideo.rb" written by jphastings can be used in Windows as well. For example, one may install cygwin+ruby and VLC on Windows, download airvideo.rb, and create your own ruby client. The following is a simple example of Air Video Client for Windows 7 (64bit) (CUI only, with cygwin+ruby and VLC):
Can somebody rewrite the code and add a gui for Windows? (hope to implement live conversion as well) I really want to do it, but am new in ruby and am not familiar with Windows!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/03/2010 12:54:21

luddiluddludde

This would be great to have . I love the simplicity of the air video client on the iPhone and to get something like that on a windows computer would be neat.
Jim198865

Years ago, Microsoft had stopped the upgrade on Windows Media Player for Mac and promote QuickTime component Filp4Mac. So chances are you need to run Windows Media Player for Mac OS and you don’t want to shift to other media player. What are you left with?

In addition to being a media player, Windows Media Player includes the ability to rip music from and copy music to compact discs, burn recordable discs in Audio CD format or as data discs with playlists such as an MP3 CD, synchronize content with a digital audio player or other mobile devices, and enable users to purchase or rent music from a number of online music stores.

Install Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Windows Desktop for Mac lets you install Windows system on Mac so you can easily run any Windows application on Mac, like Windows Media Player 12, at native speed. You can install it on your Mac and run it directly from Mac application dock. Like the idea? Read on.

Step by step guide to install Windows Media Player on Mac OS X

Step 1: Download and install the Windows Desktop for Mac.

Step 2: Read and follow the instructions for installing Windows on your Mac computer

Step 3: The Windows Media Player is built-in application of Windows system. So when you finished, you will find the Windows Media Player in Windows system. Otherwise, you can download Windows Media Player for Mac from Microsoft’s official site and install it.

Step 4: Double click the icon of Windows Media Player to run it on Mac.

Jim198865

For those who newly switch to Mac, chances are you have Windows applications and you would like to use once in a while, or you want to transfer your documents, photos, and music from your PC to the corresponding folders on your Mac. Mostly importantly, you don’t want to reinstall your Windows programs or buy replacement software because you’ve invest a lot on Windows programs. In that case, Windows Desktop for Mac can be your best solution to move Windows to Mac, including programs and files.

You can have Windows system on Mac and you can switch from one to the other without rebooting. move Windows files to Mac or use application on Mac; or drag and drop files between two systems as you like: with Windows screen displayed as a separate window, in full screen, or even invisible; or work Windows applications side by side your Mac application. This article will walk you through the process in a few simple steps.

Move Windows Files and Programs to Mac Fast

Step 1: Download and install Windows Desktop for Mac.

Step 2: Open Parallels Desktop and you’ll see the Welcome window. Choose Migrate Windows from PC , which allows you to transfer the whole of getting Windows work on Mac .

Step 3: Let Transporter wizard guide you through the process of transferring the source computer data. You can choose the way of transferring the data to your Mac via USB cable, Network, and the external storage device.

Step 4: Parallels Transporter informs you about successful migration with the Migration is Completed window. Click Finish to exit the Transporter.
bjerha

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/17/2014 15:26:57

tenya

Air Video Client for Windows (alpha test)

Implemented by Ruby+VisualRuby+exerb with "airvideo.rb" written by jphastings.

[Requirements]
1. Windows 7 (XP and Vista would be ok)
2. Any video app that can play streaming m4v video (iTunes, Quick Time Player, VLC, GOM Player, Windows Media Player, etc.)

[Download]
http://videonews.lv9.org/dlcenter.php?fn=airvideo/AirVideoClient_20101208.zip

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 12/08/2010 15:38:51

kame

Thanks tenya!
I tried it at work from a Windows7 client connecting to the server at home. It looked to me the connection to my airvideo server is not fast enough to work properly. The Windows Media Player pops up but wasn't able to stream any video over.
Is there a way to specify the bitrate to override the default in airvideo.rb?

I will try again when I am back in my home network.

Think7

Come on guys. With the new Mac App store coming and Windows 8 said to have something similar it would be a no brainier. You guys make the absolute best streaming video solution there is. Just need this one other thing.
sondiego

Hi Tenya,

I installed this and it connects to the Air Video server because I see all of the folders that I've set up. But once I click on a folder it does not show the subfolders or video files within that folder. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: