[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Conversion queue stuck (Air Video Server icon not showing after startup)  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

In some very rare cases the conversion queue can get stuck which can result in Air Video Server not shown on startup). Fortunately the solution is quite simple.

If you are using Windows, reinstall the latest Air Video Server version. The installer should take care of conversion queue.

If you are using OS X, try the following steps

1. Open Activity Monitor and quit Air Video Server (if it's running)

2. In your home folder go to Library/Application Support/AirVideoServer

(Note that there are multiple Library folders on your computer. This one must be in your home folder.
Also the library folder is hidden on OS X Lion - you can access it by pressing CMD+Shift+G in Finder and entering the following foder: ~/Library/ )

3. Delete file called conversionStatus

4. Run Air Video Server

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/22/2011 07:40:45

MaupAir

Perfect! It's working again!
A great and app. and perfect service!!!
Thnxs a lot
Ian B

Hi;

Love the app but, I have a file stuck trying to do a conversion which when I try to stop and delete, it freezes my MAC and IPAD. I have software 10.508 on the MAC but, I am not able to understand what you mean in steps 2 nor find the file called converisonStatus2 even when I search my MAC for that file name.

2. In your home folder go to Library/Application Support/AirVideoServer ------------Where is this HOME folder found in my MAC?? Spent 20 mns and could not find it.

(note that there are multiple Library folders on your computer. This one must be in your home folder)

3. Delete file called conversionStatus2 The conversion has been stuck at 2m 53sec for over an hour and rebooting the MAC or closing and reopening the app is not clearing the conversion file.

Thanks, Ian B
Admin

Sorry, the file is called conversionStatus - it was a typo (not converisonStatus).

Home folder is your home folder - /Users/<your-profile-name>

In any case Air Video can not freeze your Mac and iPad. If they do crash something else is going on. Air Video can load the CPU on your mac so that it's not very responsive, but it shouldn't crash. If it does it's probably a hardware issue.

Same goes for iPad.
Ian B

Sorry, I meant to say that it freezes both the air video software on the Mac as well as the app on the iPad.
Ian B

Thanks for the tip. Got it cleared and all is well. My last question is can I stream .m4v movie files? These are digital movies that came with blu Ray movies and uploaded free through iTunes with a code. When I start them, all I get is a black screen.

Thanks for all your help and once I get it all sorted out, I will get the$3.00full version.

Ian B
Admin

I'm afraid those movies are DRM protected. Air Video can not play such movies - Apple doesn't allow streaming DRM protected videos.
staggerlee8

About a week ago my air video server could not find any playlists from my itunes. I thought to delete it then reinstall. Now after reinstalling the Air Video Server on my IMac the Air Video Icon woun't show in the upper right corner of my screen. Seems like it won't start.
Any ideas what I should do to get it working again?
Admin

Did you try to flush the conversion queue? (as described in first post)
staggerlee8

My activity monitor doesn't show any activity from air video. I even rebooted computer by turningon& off
ticzon

I too don't see the server starting up even though I click on the application (it appear active in the activity monitor, and it would play on the iPhone).

However, when I have removed the complete AirVideo folder from the application support folder, the server seems to be running on the activity monitor, but I don't see the AirVideo GUI (so I can't set it up), and it now won't play movies on my iPHone.

I have tried removing every thing and reinstall the whole application, but nothing works any more.

The application worked for about a week, then all of sudden it stop working and the GUI window won't show up and even though my iphone knows that the sever is running, I can't point AirVideo to my movie folder on my external drive (where iTunes is kept) since I don't have access to the GUI Setup Window.
Admin

The GUI window is hidden by default, you need to use the menubar icon to access it. It only shows first time you run the application. Perhaps you have missed the menubar icon before you removed the AirVideoServer folder?

If you have paired the application with iphone using server PIn deleting the AirVideoServer folder will change the server PIN. Is the menubar icon really not present? If so, please post here screenshot of your menubar.
ticzon

That took care of the problem. I didn't realize that there was an item in the menu bar. I was able to see the GUI and set up the preferences.

However, the AirVideo Application does sit in my dock, and it doesn't show a Triangle under it, indicating that the server was running. It can be miss leading to the user.

Thanks.
Admin

The application should only be in dock if you dragged it there yourself.
markl

Hi, mac OSX 10.5.8
I loaded the server and ran the app from ipad.
The icon showed up in the menu bar no problem.
App ran great for one day.
I queued up 3 movies to convert.
I accidently deleted the movie that was being converted from the mac.
I deleted and re installed both server and app.
I also deleted from home folder library the file that was suggested.

Started server, and no icon in the menu bar appears.
tried to delete app again and it will not delete, says server is running.
When i run the app on ipad, does not connect and still shows the remaining movies to be converted.
Try and delete them and they will not delete, even though it is a re installed app???

Love the app, please help

Thanks

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: