[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Remote Access doesn't work  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

Often remote access works out of the box, but sometimes it doesn't and it can be tricky to setup. If you can't get it to work, we're here to help. However keep in minds that we get tons of emails and forum questions. Email saying nothing but "I can't get 3G access working" will not get your problem resolved. We're not magicians. The more you say about your network setup the bigger chances of you getting help are.

For users without experience with network configuration it's recommended to try Air Video Free first. If you are unable to get remote access working and the feature is crucial for you, it's better to find it out before you purchase the paid application.

There are some things to do before you ask for help:

1. Follow the remote access tutorial
2. No luck? There's the troubleshooting

There are two major hurdles that can cause your computer not be accessible from internet:

1. Port forwarding
Air Video Server attempts to configure port forwarding on your router automatically, however that is often not possible, mostly because router doesn't support properly (or at all) the UPnP protocol. If there is any sign that port forwarding hasn't been done properly, your best bet is to configure it manually. Log in to your router settings and add new port forwarding entry - port 45631, protocol TCP. The forwarding IP address needs to be IP address of your computer

The site portforward.com can be very helpful when manually configuring port forwarding for Air Video. In some cases you might still need to consult your router manual though.

2. Double NAT
The double NAT problem is described in depth here.

How to ask for help

To be able to help you we need as much information as possible. The most important piece is the remote support log. This is how to get it:
1. Quit Air Video Server
2. Start Air Video Server
3. Wait until Air Video Server is done initializing
4. Go to Air Video Properties - "Logs" tab.
5. Chose "remote-support" log. There are multiple logs, the remote support one is relevant here
6. Select the log, copy to clipboard (ctrl+c) and paste to email

The log contains your public IP address and server PIN. It's not a good idea to post it in forum. Always email the log to support (at) inmethod.com instead

If you attempted to configure port mapping manually, we will need to see some screenshots:
1. Screenshot of port forwarding configuration in your router settings - we need this to double check that the port forwarding is configured properly
2. Screenshot of the router status page. This usually display information like WAN IP address, connection type, etc. We need to rule out double NAT problem.

If you have the remote support log and screenshot, last thing to do is to describe your network configuration. First we need to know what kind of internet connection do you have. Is it a cable modem? DSL modem? Fibre? Also we need to know what devices (routers and modems) are on your network. If possible, please provide the manufacturer name and model type for each device.

If you are using a 3rd party firewall (Zonealarm, Norton internet security, Ashampoo, ...) please mention that. It's a significant thing, those are often getting in the way.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 02/22/2012 23:33:46

ronrea

Air Video works fine when my PC is operating. However, when the PC goes into hibernation or sleep mode Air Video will not wake the computer and access videos. Is there a way to set either the PC or my iphone to allow this to happen?
Admin

Maybe on LAN you can use some of the wake on lan applications in AppStore if your hardware supports it. Over internet it's more complicated, as far as I can tell only certain Apple routers allow that.
Monster

[Avatar]

Anyone knows how can I access in Iphone 3G network???? BTW, I can watch video with WIFI in my Iphone, but, just couldn't do it in 3G network!!!!
Monster

[Avatar]

That's what it looks like in Air Video's logs """NAT-PMP Port Mapper: Trying to determine if NAT-PMP is supported
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - attempting to get external IP
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - request sent. waiting for response...
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - response error -5 - recvfrom() failed. NAT-PMP is NOT supported.
===================================================================================================
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: Closing NAT-PMP Mapper... done
===================================================================================================
UPnP Port Mapper: Initializing UPNP - discovering devices... second attempt (3000ms timeout)...
UPnP Port Mapper: - no UPNP devices discovered.
UPnP Port Mapper: Deinitializing UPNP
PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (32630374)
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: Initializing NAT-PMP Mapper... done
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: Trying to determine if NAT-PMP is supported
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - attempting to get external IP
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - request sent. waiting for response...
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: - response error -5 - recvfrom() failed. NAT-PMP is NOT supported.
NAT-PMP Port Mapper: Closing NAT-PMP Mapper... done
UPnP Port Mapper: Initializing UPNP - discovering devices... second attempt (3000ms timeout)...
UPnP Port Mapper: - no UPNP devices discovered.""" Anyone tells me what's happening??
Admin

Your router doesn't seem to support UPnP or NAT-PMP. You will need to configure port forwarding (port 45631/TCP) to your computer as the first thread post suggests.
alcaponezx10r

Air Video ayer me funcionaba correctamente en mi pc, pero hoy no funciona el programa en el ordenador (No arranca, no se inicia el programa o sevidor). Por eso lo he desinstalado y lo he vuelto a instalar pero tengo el mismo problema. He pagado 2,39 euros y esto solo me ha funcionado 1 día

Yesterday Air Video plays well in my pc, but today the program or the server doesn´t starts in the pc. That´s why I Uninstalled and y try to install again, but always the same problem. Help my mail is txemacunchilloscascante@hotmail.com
HotStuff2

[Avatar]

alcaponezx10r wrote:Air Video ayer me funcionaba correctamente en mi pc, pero hoy no funciona el programa en el ordenador (No arranca, no se inicia el programa o sevidor). Por eso lo he desinstalado y lo he vuelto a instalar pero tengo el mismo problema. He pagado 2,39 euros y esto solo me ha funcionado 1 día

Yesterday Air Video plays well in my pc, but today the program or the server doesn´t starts in the pc. That´s why I Uninstalled and y try to install again, but always the same problem. Help my mail is txemacunchilloscascante@hotmail.com
You should post this as a a question by itself, not in here. English is welcome, thank you.

Hans Felsh
(ISC)² SSCP & CISSP®-ISSEP® certified
CWNP Alliance CWSP® certified
CompTIA A+®, Network+®, Server+™, and Security+™
Microsoft MCSA Security, MCSE Security
(These are just some of the many certs I've collected over the years.)

‟One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” ̶ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), American author, ‟A Message to Garcia”
Fatalally

Whenever I try to enable Remote Internet Access I get the error: "Your Air Video Server is NOT accessible from the Internet." It says I have a double NAT. On my desktop computer which is connected directly to my router Air Video works fine, but my laptop which has wireless cannot enable it. I can send you the log in a PM if you want.
Admin

Have you seen this thread?

http://inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/908.page

Your wireless router will probably need to switched to bridged mode (if it supports it).
Fatalally

UPDATE: Some time later after looking around online for solutions to Double NAT and after reviewing your post about it. I have input my IP address online and it required a login/pass which I had no idea what they were. But, thinking to try it again to see if it says anything else of importance it now says that it is accessible from the Internet. Can you please explain to me why this is and will i eventually go back to Double NAT? Also, I had tried enabling it multiple times to see if it would work before, but it didn't.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/17/2010 22:51:40

Admin

Please don't post the log here. Email it to support (at) inmethod.com (together with screenshots).
bry2k

Here's a really cool product for Mac users that can solve port forwarding issues in a variety of cases.

http://codelaide.com/blog/products/lighthouse/

-Bryan
fkjr2

yes - it worked for a day and then I get errors - server not connected, etc.
xLethal

of all my years working with computers and networks, I am in need of some help..
Problem, cannot get my air viewer server visable for outside my home network.

Computer: Set to static at (192.168.1.110)(255.255.255.0)(192.168.1.254) with a primary DNS of (192.168.1.254)
Modem: 2WIRE router/modem DSL, set with all security turned off and added a user defined port called "Air Viewer" with range from(45631) to(45631) map to host port (45631)

released and renewed connection and even attempted to restart the computer and iphone, still without any luck...

the server is set to "Enable access from internet BETA" ON
and "Automatically map port" OFF

any ideas?

2010-05-25 14:33:52 PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (10490042)
2010-05-25 14:33:52 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (11154712)
2010-05-25 14:33:52 StatusReportAction: Submitting status report:
2010-05-25 14:33:52 StatusReportAction: - PIN: 401287698, BonjourName: Vaio-PC, Addresses: [192.168.1.110:45631] [null:45631]
2010-05-25 14:33:52 StatusReportAction: - Done (detected external IP 111.111.111.111) **CHANGED EXTERNAL IP FOR THE SAKE OF SECURITY**
2010-05-25 14:33:52 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$1 (3916193)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/25/2010 21:36:52

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: