[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: darylm88
Forum Index » Profile for darylm88 » Messages posted by darylm88
phil32 wrote:So how long would a 300-400mb file take to copy over wifi? Too long Id say. it would take hrs if you were copying say 5-10 300-400mb files over

Id much prefer using usb for copying large files.

usb 2.0....... 32mb/s
wifi.......... about 2 -5mb/s

Pretty sure my fully transcoded 1080p movies Sync over wifi with PlexSync in about 10-15 mins, max.
phil32 wrote:
ddn2003 wrote:
emax wrote:No ETA per new version ?

I'd like to know when the next version will come too! Still waiting for webm support and offline file copying! The competitors have it! Why doesn't Air Video?!

Maybe because copying files offline directly to the ipad over wifi would take forever?

Are you just assuming this without ever using this functionality on other services? This is incredibly handy and works very well.
I'm on the plex forums very often, and the plex devs are very open to discussing what theyre working on and give updates much more frequently (every couple weeks)

The benefit to being so open with the community is that they get feedback while developing, which has helped guide some of their product roll-outs. Community members have even helped in the coding / programming / identifying of specific issues.

My point is, being super secretive may not be the best approach.
seriously, is any development work being done on Air Video? The latest beta release came out almost 6 months ago! I love AV but the development cycle seems very slow, if not stalled completely. I've heard the devs tease Air Video 3, but we have gotten no info on what this release entails or even when it may be released? a month? 2 months? a year?
ooh i see.

I do this on my local network already ( stream from Air Video server to Apple TV via AirPlay)

I dont think there'd be an internal network bandwidth issue (providing my coverage is good)

I was just wondering if the functionality or the option was there to stream via AirPlay when connecting remotely (is the actual AirPlay button there)

from the server meaning my machine running Air Video Server?

how is this different than just using Air Video Remote access --this also streams from the server
I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 and the latest beta of Air Video Server running on my PC. Remote access works great on the phone.

Will Air Video support Airplay to a Gen2 Apple TV when playing with Live Conversion via Remote Access (Pin).

Ex: -Air video server in Queens, NY. (Source)
-Gen2 Apple TV in Long Island
-iPhone connected to Long Island wireless network
-Play with Live Conversion
-Airplay to Apple TV Long Island

Will it work?

Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for darylm88 » Messages posted by darylm88
Go to: