[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: criticman
Forum Index » Profile for criticman » Messages posted by criticman
URL Resolver down.

I was watching video, it froze. Rebooted iPad, Server. Confirmed accessible by localhost:port in browser and remoteip:port in browser.

Per trouble shooting, contacting for support as this appears to be an issue on Air Video's end, not on my ISP, device, or server.

[UPDATE] Issue appears to be resolved now (about 1.5 hours after first occurred). Not sure what happened but all seems well now.
Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz w/ NVIDIA ION Graphics - Dual Core with Hyper-threading (so OS sees 4 cores)

Windows 7 64-Bit

The videos are 720p x264 mkvs
I just downloaded the beta release of the server. Hitting 23-26 fps now. It is definitely a step in the right direction, but it looks like the CPU still could be better utilized. Only one ffmpeg process is running, but it is still 32 bit. Playback is lasting a lot longer before pauses and the pauses are for maybe a half-second (just enough to blip the playback controls on the screen) vs several seconds. Kudos to you, please continue to improve this product that we've all come to love.
I too am experiencing pause issues where I previously did not. I have two computers, my old one and my new media center/streamer. Old one works fine (has for close to a year), new one does not (although it did for about a week).

I understand that even though on paper the Atom is faster than my old P4, that the P4 is better at intense processing. That being said, here's what I'm seeing...the new PC is not being over-utilized by Air Video, so I don't feel like it is an issue with inadequate hardware.

For Live Conversion, ffmpeg process runs twice whereas offline conversion only one process appears.

During Live Conversion: CPU usage stays at around 35%, memory availability around 47%. None of the 4 cores show any spikes over 75% in Resource Monitor.

I see ffmpeg is 32 bit. Any way to get the 64 bit version working? I know AV has a custom version so dropping in 64 bit won't work.

Forum Index » Profile for criticman » Messages posted by criticman
Go to: