[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Tikker
Forum Index » Profile for Tikker » Messages posted by Tikker
poor results are likely your own fault

this is by far the best video streaming app available
oh hey, nice to mention cpu specs in original post maybe
transcoding is very cpu intensive

not a bug, this is how it works

I would suggest a better pc
edrikk wrote:
ddn2003 wrote:addition of DLNA capabilities to PLEX Server have made it the king of the hill right now...

Plex's transcoding is terrible compared to air video right now

I've got a couple ATV, and some HTPC all using plex, but air video produces better results for iDevices for me right now

plex is much better presentation for sure, and if it was on par with air video for video quality I would agree with you whole heartedly
just share the folder on your network. no need for an "app"
yup, definitely will be a nice option, if it becomes a reality
yup, as long as you don't have to do the Live Conversion you're fine
glw wrote:
Tikker wrote:rip movies properly, and you won't have any problems

asking for compatibility with oddball configs rather than just ripping them to an approved format seems goofy to me

you know not of what you comment.

sure seems like I did
no

you can't do this just yet

installing plex on a jailbroken ATV (1 or 2, not 3 yet) would do what you're asking
the "play with live conversion" makes the assumption that you intend to watch it on your iDevice, which only supports stereo

rip movies properly, and you won't have any problems

asking for compatibility with oddball configs rather than just ripping them to an approved format seems goofy to me
you need something you can install the server package on....
As stated

When I use air video and watch on the ipod, then use airplay to send it to my HDTV in the bedroom (via atv2) does it crank up the resolution ? or just upscale the iPod resolution
rseoane wrote:True, but Air Video gives you the option of queuing files to be converted. This avoids me having to use my iPhone/iPad as a go-between. Therefore I simply add all the movies I want to convert to the queue and then play them directly on my Apple TV using iTunes. When using Air Video this way, the multi-channel limitations of the iPhone/iPad become a non-issue.

Thanks

air video isn't really intended to be just a batch video converter for atv though

you could accomplish what you're looking for with handbrake, or SUPER, or a dozen other apps that would match your requirements a little bit better
Why would you not just install proper codecs on your pc rather than use a different machine to transcode it? On a closed system where you can't add in new codec support then air video makes sense. On a pc it doesn't

Forum Index » Profile for Tikker » Messages posted by Tikker
Go to: